Author Topic: Trigger Bar  (Read 3164 times)

Offline Benedict

Trigger Bar
« on: December 13, 2008, 10:33:41 PM »
Some time ago, I saw some pictures of a trigger bar that had some decorative filing done on it.  The filing was simply some grooves filed across the bar.  Does anyone know where some decoration might have been used?  Also where pictures might be found?

Thanks,
Bruce

Offline Dphariss

• Kill a Commie for your Mommy
Re: Trigger Bar
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2008, 11:18:52 PM »
One of the Dickerts in Rifles of Colonial America.
There are others I am sure.

Dan
He who dares not offend cannot be honest. Thomas Paine

Offline Dave B

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2008, 11:27:05 PM »
I am thinking you are talking about the portion of the trigger that is the section behind the shoe of the trigger. The bar to me is the section that is contacting the sear bar. Others call the section that house the double set triggers as the trigger bar. Getting a close up of trigger details is tough in most of the books available today some will have shots that include the trigger but most offten its too far away to get a good look at it. What are you putting your trigger on? Some types of firearms had certain styles in some cases. We need some more specifics to give feedback that will help.
Dave Blaisdell

Offline Benedict

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2008, 12:15:25 AM »
I am thinking you are talking about the portion of the trigger that is the section behind the shoe of the trigger. The bar to me is the section that is contacting the sear bar. Others call the section that house the double set triggers as the trigger bar. Getting a close up of trigger details is tough in most of the books available today some will have shots that include the trigger but most offten its too far away to get a good look at it. What are you putting your trigger on? Some types of firearms had certain styles in some cases. We need some more specifics to give feedback that will help.

I can see where there is some confusion about what is a trigger bar.  In this case I am looking at the bar that houses the triggers, springs, etc.  I have never seen any pictures in books such as RCA like what I saw on the internet.  I don't remember if it was on ALR or some ones site.  The gun that it is going on is my LOOSE interpretation of a Virginia Rifle.  It is particularly inspired by some of Simon Lauck's guns.

Thanks,
Bruce

Offline Dphariss

• Kill a Commie for your Mommy
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2008, 07:05:07 AM »
The trigger bar is the trigger plate the part all the other parts attach to.
In set triggers the front trigger is the front trigger. The rear trigger is the rear trigger.

Dan
He who dares not offend cannot be honest. Thomas Paine

Offline David Rase

• If we need it here, make it here. Charlie Daniels
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2008, 08:10:10 AM »
Gun #48 in RCA vol. 1 on page 209 shows some filing across the trigger plate.  I copied that on a Lancaster gun I built many years ago.  It was a nice touch and was easy to execute.
DMR