Author Topic: Yesterdays shoot  (Read 2486 times)

Offline Roger Fisher

Yesterdays shoot
« on: September 17, 2012, 06:30:24 PM »
Langhorne R & G shot yesterday (N of Phila.) 22 shooters, perfect weather, plenty of matches, meat and merchandise, happy days. :)

Actually, I wanted to ask all you shoot volunteers, if you noticed an increase in your shoot turnout/turnouts or the opposite.  ?   The $4. gallon gas cost is really hurting.

Langhorne was down by abt 25%.  Our club, First Frontier down (this summer) by nearly half.  Most other clubs in Pennsylvania down, some to the point of near failure.... :(
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 05:36:32 PM by Roger Fisher »

Jim Thomas

Re: Yesterdays shoot
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2012, 06:52:48 PM »
Our monthly shoots are down.   May ham shoot we lost money on.  Turkey shoot in October...have our fingers crossed we break even which is our only real goal for that type of shoot.         

Rondy?  Had more register, but sold fewer targets.   Adding primitive archery may have been a factor with the higher registration #.     Had more go through the hawk walk than we did the woodswalk???   We will completely re-do our woodswalk for next year.   

All you can do is keep at it.   It's unnerving to lay out money when everything is such a gamble.  We're lucky because the club owns the property.    Don't have monthly bills other than taxes and insurance.   

Offline Habu

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2012, 09:26:33 PM »
No prior years to compare to, but the June shoot (conceived on Monday over coffee, held the following Saturday, advertised via word-of-mouth) had 34 shooters.  They held another in August (with similar "planning" but with an actual flyer posted in one of the local Co-Ops) and had 41 shooters. 

I missed the August shoot due to prior commitments, but I know no one traveled more than 25 miles to the June shoot.  Given the lack of notice/planning/organization/directions to the range/etc, I suspect August was about the same.  I did hear that a few more kids showed up in August, which may explain the increase. 

Daryl

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2012, 06:27:19 PM »
Rendezvous B.C. had a new record in shooter numbers & camps - again - around 150 or 160 camps this year, with upwards of 125 shooters on a trail.  We've been steadily growing - slowly, each year.  

Gas here is $6.08 per 160 ounce gallon up here, more down South, ie: in the lower part of B.C., I'm told.  $4.00 per US gallon rate would be $5.00 for an Imperial gallon- still cheaper than up here. I havent' gassed up for a while, so don't know what it is currently. I heard it had jumped way up in parts of the country and Province.

Just checked the pumps. It's now $1.389 per liter. That's 1.398 X 4.54 = $6.306 ie: $6.31, per 160 ounce Imperial gallon.  That is $5.044 per 128 ounce US gallon.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 12:33:50 AM by Daryl »