Author Topic: small back-action lock  (Read 3949 times)

caliber45

small back-action lock
« on: December 20, 2008, 02:23:11 AM »
Anybody know of a source of a quality, very small, back-action percussion (or flint) lock that would work with a "Lincoln derringer?" Tks. Happy holidays, folks! - paulallen

Offline LynnC

Re: small back-action lock
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2008, 04:22:02 AM »
Dixie used to sell that very lock for like 39 bucks - but my catalogue is about 13 years old now.  Someone here is bound to have a newer catalogue and be able to tell you weather or not it's still available............................Lynn
The price of eggs got so darn high, I bought chickens......

famouseagle

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2008, 04:27:38 AM »
Look them up on the 'net.  www.dixiegunworks.com

Offline snrub47

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2008, 04:53:09 AM »
I have looked for a small back action lock for derringers for years with no luck. I would buy a couple if they were good quality. May have to make one, Blakely's has the hammers but that is the only part I have found.

Offline D. Taylor Sapergia

• Member 3
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2008, 08:32:08 AM »
If you wanted to make your own, I will offer to photograph the lock from my Derringer for reference.  She's a dandy!
D. Taylor Sapergia
www.sapergia.blogspot.com

Art is not an object.  It is the excitement inspired by the object.

Offline 44-henry

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2008, 12:12:38 PM »
I've had one of the Dixie Lincoln Derringer kits sitting on my shelf for years; most of the kit is pretty bad, but the lock is actually pretty decent.

caliber45

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2008, 04:54:02 AM »
Thanks for the input, guys. I've heard that Dixie's "Lincoln" lock was pretty crappy, so have avoided looking there. Maybe I should take a chance? Taylor, I'd love to see images of your derringer (email: eallen10@cox.net), if you have time to send it/them. Thanks again! - paulallen