Author Topic: Tryin to feed the family with "MaryAnn" formerly the "Mongrel"  (Read 3240 times)

Offline Scout

• Mongrel Rifle School of North Florida
Tryin to feed the family with "MaryAnn" formerly the "Mongrel"
« on: November 24, 2013, 05:17:08 AM »
Went out to Gulf Hammock to put some meat in the freezer for the holidays and also for a first kill with MaryAnn. We saw a bunch of does, turkey hens but no bucks, gobblers or hogs. I'm surprised as far as the hogs go as there was plenty of "golden acorns" we had put out days before.  Doe season starts tomorrow in my area so I'm gonna try and get back sometime this week after work. This is what I saw from the ground blind.

She ain't Purdy but she shoots real good !

Offline WadePatton

• Tennessee
Re: Tryin to feed the family with "MaryAnn" formerly the "Mongrel"
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2013, 07:51:13 PM »
Looks like, if you were lucky and planned it a little, that you might pull off a double with does stacked in there like that.

But I don't know your regs.  Ours are now 3 does per day, 3 bucks per season- only one buck per day.  So i could double on slickheads without violating the rules.

I've hunted as far south as Southern GA, deep in Peanut and Gator and Pecan country, but pursuits turn to fishing when i get any closer to the Gulf. 

Yall might have even gotten a little frosty on the punkin last night (low 20's here).  Great luck, make meat!
Hold to the Wind

Offline Dan

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, 07:09:48 PM »
Scout, haven't hunted GH in awhile but will bust some hogs in a day or three, rain on the way and all that. Live on the south side of the river, we ought go get in touch!

Offline Pete G.

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2013, 09:40:15 PM »
Couple of those look kind of skinny. You may need to fatten them up a bit.  ;)

Offline Scout

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2013, 04:35:27 AM »
Scout, haven't hunted GH in awhile but will bust some hogs in a day or three, rain on the way and all that. Live on the south side of the river, we ought go get in touch!
I'm up for that. It would be great to hook up with some other ML shooters in the area since were a rare breed in these parts. I'll PM you.

Offline Scout

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2013, 04:42:54 AM »
Couple of those look kind of skinny. You may need to fatten them up a bit.  ;)
I know there a bit on the scrawny side but this is Florida, not known for it's fat wildlife but it's snakes, gators and fishin. 

They still taste pretty good. ;D