Author Topic: Starting a Grandson out Right!  (Read 2547 times)

Offline JTR

• member 2
Starting a Grandson out Right!
« on: December 22, 2008, 07:40:36 AM »
These were sent to me by a good friend to post here, and follows along with the Two Bucks for Christmas, and guns for kids threads.
I hope you guys enjoy the pictures as much as I do.

The youngster is Vince, 5 months old, and is the friends Grandson.
The rifle is a miniature raised carved John Armstrong that he made for his Daughter back in the 1970s!
It looks like Vince has already figured out how to hold it, and is well, sort of, inspecting the lock in the second picture!
The tiny Armstrong has a 20 inch long 22 Cal barrel, and is 27 ½” long overall. It’s fully functional including a handmade lock that actually sparks.
I think it’s really great that the rifle now has a 2nd generation ‘owner’, and my buddy is a beaming Granddad!

Enjoy, and Merry Christmas to all,

John

John Robbins

Madcaster

Re: Starting a Grandson out Right!
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2008, 03:43:47 PM »
 Fine looking boy and future shooter,though the lenth of pull MAY have to be adjusted in time! :D

lew wetzel

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2008, 04:47:56 PM »
wonderful pictures.i bet that little rifle tastes just as bood as it shoots....lol

Offline 490roundball

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2008, 03:33:02 AM »
Really great pictures,  I really enjoy seeing the small folk's firelocks.  Wth one grandson on the ground .   And yet another grandchild on the way.  This one whose mother claimed my first rifle and has already dropped numerous hints at my getting busy on popguns, it helps to see how others tackled the projects. 

thanks
Rick
"It's a poor word that can't be spelt two ways" Tom Yeardley in Swanson's Silent Drum