Author Topic: TC Seneca - where to get parts?  (Read 3576 times)

Crossed Arrows

TC Seneca - where to get parts?
« on: February 02, 2013, 01:15:22 AM »
I got a very nice Thompson Center Seneca for my wife some years ago when we shot together.  However, her interests are changed and she wants to sell it, so I'm getting it ready for market.  It has the .36 cal barrel that came with it and a .45 cal barrel, but I cannot find the nipple wrench.  Any idea where I can buy one?

While I'm at it, I might as well change out the patch box if one is available for reasonable price.  I had the patchbox cover personalized for her - Princess Rita, Her Gun.

Your help is appreciated.

Offline SCLoyalist

Re: TC Seneca - where to get parts?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2013, 02:22:05 AM »
If you want a nipple wrench in T/C packaging, you may have to watch ebay or other auction sites.   If you just want something functional, the Seneca takes a 12-28 threaded nipple, same threads as the Patriot and some of the Uberti revolvers, so you could use one of Track's  'small-slotted' wrenches.   NW-170 would likely fit.     Don't know about the patchbox - sometimes on Ebay somebody will sell off a gun a few parts at a time, or if you get lucky a Google search on 'Seneca Patchbox' will turn up something eventually.   Good Luck.   SCL

Crossed Arrows

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2013, 02:53:55 AM »
SCLoyalist - Good advice.  TOW has the nipple wrench I am looking for.

Offline Gene Carrell

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2013, 09:04:31 PM »
Aren't TC patchboxes castings? If so,  you could take  1/16 off the lid and solder a sheet of brass  on  it. If not, just make a new lid.
Gene

gunner69

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2013, 09:04:25 AM »
Have you sold the Seneca yet?   I am interested thanks.