Author Topic: Log Cabin Class Today?  (Read 3444 times)

Offline BillPac

• N. Ohio
Log Cabin Class Today?
« on: January 10, 2009, 03:11:55 PM »
Are we meeting today or cancelling due to weather?

BillP

Offline Jim Kibler

• Personal Website
Re: Log Cabin Class Today?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2009, 04:20:50 PM »
I just talked to Ian and he is heading over.  I won't be there since it's a 1 1/2 hour drive for me in good weather.  I'd bet there will be at least a few others that show up. 

Offline BillPac

• N. Ohio
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2009, 05:02:43 PM »
Ian's wife called me and said Ian had driven for 1 hr and was not to the Log Cabin yet, he was turning around and trying to get back home
BillP

J Shingler

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2009, 05:25:43 PM »
Getting a bit of weather up ther are we? We were supposed to but so far nothing but cold. I am about 3 hrs south of the Log Cabin Shop. I did catch the news that said up to 8" for you guys.
J Shingler

Offline David Rase

• If we need it here, make it here. Charlie Daniels
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2009, 06:01:13 PM »
I appears that the weather has affected a lot of events.  We made a decision Thursday night to cancel our Washington Historical Gunmakers Guild winter workshop scheduled for this weekend.  There was a foot and a half of water over the main road going to the club house where we hold our event.
DMR

Offline woodsrunner

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2009, 08:25:04 PM »
All 'yall asked for it ;D! Heck, we've got the windows open and I'm planting lettuce, Bulls Blood Beets, radishes, carrots, and I've got my hired help building more raised beds! Anybody need any fresh vegetables ::)

Offline Ian Pratt

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2009, 09:55:03 PM »
Man you all missed out, we kind of shifted gears and all made ourselves some snow shoes then learned how to forge and install tire studs.
  Ok none of you missed out, we couldn't reach a couple of the guys to cancel but only one showed up, we worked a little while this morning and called it a day. The roads weren't too awful bad but we are starting to get freezing rain now and supposed to dump more snow this afternoon.
   We will have our next class Feb 21st, still need to hear back from Dean Freund to get him re scheduled.

Planting a garden? Man that sounds nice. But think of all the money I save by freezing meat in my shop