Author Topic: Antller measures  (Read 4056 times)

Offline EC121

Antller measures
« on: December 08, 2013, 05:09:34 PM »
Here are some antler measures I made a while back.  I used the fish mouth to make it easier to pour.  The tails are pieces of broom handle turned to fit the hole in the antler.

Brice Stultz

Offline Tony N

• Rabbit Hash,Ky
Re: Antller measures
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2013, 05:12:09 PM »
Very nice!

Offline EC121

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2013, 05:20:54 PM »
I made these during slack time when I was working.  As a maintenance instrument tech./electrician night shift had a lot of standby time.  These were my time killer.  There were more,  but I gave some away and sold some.  Never made one off the clock.  ;D
Brice Stultz

Offline wattlebuster

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2013, 09:17:11 PM »
I like em ;D
Nothing beats the feel of a handmade southern iron mounted flintlock on a cold frosty morning

Offline trentOH

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2013, 11:08:32 PM »
the second from the right, with the gnarly back, could also have been an alligator shaped measure.

Offline EC121

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2013, 01:34:08 AM »
I went with the fish mouth to be able to pour from either side when I held it.  Doesn't matter which way you grab it.  An alligator would have been easy to do.  I turned a stud on a piece of broom handle(about 3/8"dia.) to match the hole drilled in the antler.  Then fitted it close to make a seamless joint from wood to antler.  The third from the right is supposed to be a rattlesnake.  You can't see it, but I put diamonds down the back to match the one on the side.  Makes it a diamondback rattler.  ;)  Second from left is elk antler.  Really light/thin wall with a soft inside.  Today was also my first attempt at posting pictures.  I used tinypic with an image address cut and paste.  Piece of cake.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 04:23:33 AM by EC121 »
Brice Stultz

TradT

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2013, 02:08:46 AM »
Some really nice work there! Do you have a site where they can be purchased?

Offline EC121

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2013, 01:14:26 AM »
I don't have a site.  I sold some a while back but not recently.  These are larger sized(90-110gr.) measures I have left.  The Fort Toulouse measure on the right is where the Coosa and Tallapoosa rivers come together to form the Alabama River.  The fort was at the "Y".   
Brice Stultz