Author Topic: Finding a Triggerguard  (Read 2662 times)

Offline Pete G.

Finding a Triggerguard
« on: November 24, 2013, 07:01:33 PM »
I am trying to locate a guard similar to the one on the cover of Shumway's "Longrifle Articles" volume I.
This guard has the rail longer than the bow and the bow and rail are almost an unbroken curve.

Digging through the major online suppliers turns up guards where the bow is usually longer than the rail. The closest I have been able to come up with is possibly using the Bivens guard and modifying the curvature of the rail, but that still looks to be too short.

Anybody know of somebody else to look for?
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 02:01:13 AM by Pete G. »

Offline T*O*F

Re: Finding a Triggerguard
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2013, 02:19:14 AM »
Pete,
A picture would help show what you are looking for.
My book is in a box somewhere.
I've probably got something close in stock.
Dave Kanger

If religion is opium for the masses, the internet is a crack, pixel-huffing orgy that deafens the brain, numbs the senses and scrambles our peer list to include every anonymous loser, twisted deviant, and freak as well as people we normally wouldn't give the time of day.
-S.M. Tomlinson

Offline Pete G.

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, 09:38:20 PM »
Pete,
A picture would help show what you are looking for.
My book is in a box somewhere.
I've probably got something close in stock.

Something along the lines of two in the virtual museum

Gobrecht, Samuel 090722-1
or
Adam Ernst ... York- Adams Co. 090503-1.

Perhaps with a slightly longer rail, but those two are close. If you have something similar shoot me a PM with particulars, payment, etc.

Thanks.

John A. Stein

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2013, 07:18:39 AM »
I had the same problem. I bought a second TG and removed the rail and grafted into the rail of the first. By making the cut at the back end of the bow, the silver solder joint was not noticeable. The graft joint towards the center is hard to see, and if any hawk-eye would see it would think it was a repaired break. The second time I needed a longer rail, Reeves Goering (sp?) had some sand cast strips on hand and I cut a whole new rail out and the solder joints at the back end of the bow, and the front of the hook are not noticeable at all.  John