Author Topic: henning daniel murden  (Read 2638 times)

Offline Shreckmeister

• GGGG Grandpa Schrecengost Gunsmith/Miller
henning daniel murden
« on: April 10, 2014, 04:57:38 AM »
I was returning from The Masters practice round to atlanta today and decided to take the back roads and hit the flea markets of rural georgia. On rt 278 I saw a historic marker for the confederate gun shop of henning murden. Said it was a brick building and no longer there.  I stopped and talked to walter next door, a very nice guy.  He said the yanks burned it on the march to atlanta.  Anyone ever see one of his guns?
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 04:59:00 AM by Shreckmeister »
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.

Offline WElliott

• member 2
Re: henning daniel murden
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2014, 06:17:18 AM »
Yes, a pre-war halfstock. Nicely done.
Wayne Elliott

Paul E. Wog

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2014, 06:20:21 AM »
Mr. Meister,
  Last time any Armstrong County related Shrecks' were near Atlanta this time of year, they ended up in Camp Sumter ::)
  Please be careful, and sorry no help on the gunsmith in question.
                       Peace Out....Shreck ( NOT Meister )

Offline jdm

• member 2
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2014, 04:45:46 PM »
Jerry Nobles first book lists Daniel Murden 1815-1903.  There are some Confederate guns of Greenwood & Gray that carry his name.
JIM

Offline Shreckmeister

• GGGG Grandpa Schrecengost Gunsmith/Miller
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2014, 06:02:49 PM »
He lived a good long life for a guy in that day.  He would have been about my age when his
shop was burned down.  Would be an interesting story to flesh out.
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.