Author Topic: National Firearms Museum - Kentucky Rifle Foundation - "Display Photos Added"  (Read 4453 times)

Offline HIB

Gentlemen,  Here are three color photos of the Kentucky Rifle Foundation display at the NRA's National Firearms Museum, Fairfax, Va.

The display is open to visitors for one year from May 15, 2014 - May 15, 2015.  See Post Card below for the address of the NRA museum.

« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 08:29:24 AM by HIB »

Offline Curtis

• Missouri
Very nice Henry!  Thanks for posting.

Curtis
Curtis Allinson
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sometimes, late at night when I am alone in the inner sanctum of my workshop and no one else can see, I sand things using only my fingers for backing

Offline HIB

Gentlemen,  If you ever wondered where the earned revenue from the Kentucky Rifle Foundation product offerings go you have a good opportunity to inspect the gun cases designed, built and owned by the Foundation used in this display.

Since the KRF is a volunteer operation all revenues earned are turned back into projects designed to educate the general public about the importance of the American 'Kentucky Rifle' in the development of our country. When you buy a KRF educational book or CD the realized profit drops to the bottom line and supports the Foundation's efforts of 'Preserving the Heritage of the Kentucky Rifle'.

The KRF/NRA-NFM display currently open to the public is the third in a series of major museum displays. There are several more in the works. Stay tuned. Regards, HIB

Offline Lucky R A

• In Costume
     A quality display that is well illuminated and tastefully done.  Thank you and the volunteers of the foundation for your hard work and vision. 

Ron
"The highest reward that God gives us for good work is the ability to do better work."  - Elbert Hubbard

Offline moleeyes36

...Since the KRF is a volunteer operation all revenues earned are turned back into projects designed to educate the general public about the importance of the American 'Kentucky Rifle' in the development of our country. When you buy a KRF educational book or CD the realized profit drops to the bottom line and supports the Foundation's efforts of 'Preserving the Heritage of the Kentucky Rifle'...

The KRF puts out some really nice items.  When I visited Ron (Lucky R A) in his shop last month, he put me on to a book they offer, Dave Hansen's An Intimate Look at The American Longrifle It's Art and Evolution.  I ordered one when I got back home in Florida and it's some of the best money I've spent in a long time.  I've already used one of the outstanding digital photos in it to make a copy of a Verner sideplate.  I see myself getting some more of the KRF's excellent offerings very soon.

Mole Eyes
Don Richards
NMLRA Field Rep, Instructor, Field Range Officer
NRA Chief Range Safety Officer

Offline tallbear

• Global Moderator
  • Mitch Yates
Looks like a wonderful display thanks for posting Henry.I will certainly add it to my list if trips this year.A couple of questions ,will photography be allowed and will there be a CD produced from this display as some in the past.

Thanks!!!!!
Mitch Yates

Offline bama

• Calvary Longrifles
Looks like Celeste and I could plan on coming through there on the way back from the KRA. We are going by the Reading display and were planning to pass through Charleston so I think I could add that as a stop in the trip plan. Darn just another place I have to stop to look at some really great long rifles, man life is tuff!
Jim Parker

"An Honest Man is worth his weight in Gold"

Offline Fullstock longrifle

The National Firearms Museum (located in the NRA Headquarters building) is located at the intersection of Rt 66 and Rt 50, about 4 miles from the Washington Beltway. It's well worth the visit Bama.
Frank