Author Topic: Ohio Class for February  (Read 2597 times)

Offline Ian Pratt

Ohio Class for February
« on: February 01, 2009, 04:30:42 AM »
  Note - Last month's class was cancelled due to great scads of ice that fell from the skies. We were able to re - schedule our guest speaker for February. We now return to our announcement already in progress 

FLINTLOCK GUNSMITHING CLASS #8
February 21, 2009
8:30am to 6pm
led by Ian Pratt & Jim Kibler
at The Log Cabin Sport Shop in Lodi, Ohio

The gun building class is underway, all are welcome to come watch and learn as we work. Please bring any items of interest to share or projects in progress, we are more than happy to offer advice.
    At 12:30 we will have a free seminar on hunting pouches by our guest speaker, Ohio artisan Dean Freund.  Dean has long been involved in living history and the Black Powder scene in general, and will share with us his knowledge of the hunting pouch and discuss the techniques he uses in creating them.

For more information, contact the Log Cabin Shop, 8010 Lafayette Road, PO Box 275, Lodi, OH 44254 or call (330) 948-1082

If the weather appears questionable please check with the store to see if we still plan to hold the class. Thank you that is all

Offline Ian Pratt

Re: Ohio Class for February
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2009, 04:35:37 AM »
 One more thing of interest to many, in the announcements/ show schedules section I have posted a copy of the flyer for the 2nd annual Early American Trades Fair at the Log Cabin Shop, will be in October this year. After much deliberation we have decided to allow people from other states to attend this year. 

Offline Tommy Bruce

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2009, 11:22:20 PM »
Ian, I really enjoyed the trade fair last year and I think it would be a good thing to see it grow a bit. 
A man can never have too much red wine, too many books or too much ammunition”
R. Kipling

Offline Ian Pratt

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2009, 06:56:59 PM »
I thought it was a good time to bring this up again. Any of you who are within driving distance and haven't been to one of these yet, come on out and visit with us, all are welcome.
 Also everybody mark down March 28 on your calendar, this will the date of our next class, but will also be our first Swap Meet day, - more on this later, but early indications point to this as being a day of near utter chaos...         

Offline Tommy Bruce

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2009, 08:23:57 PM »
March 28, sounds good.
A man can never have too much red wine, too many books or too much ammunition”
R. Kipling