Author Topic: bugs in the horns  (Read 12154 times)

Offline bigbat

Re: bugs in the horns
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2014, 03:51:54 PM »
I did notice my teeth are getting loose and one dropped out the other day, Maybe I should lighten up on the RAID!

Offline Mick C

« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2014, 06:12:47 PM »
Thanks ya'll for this discussion.  I've been lucky with my horns but have worried about bugs getting to them.  Now I have some good prevention information......Mick
My profile picture is my beloved K9 best friend and soulmate, Buster Brown, who passed away in 2018.  I miss you buddy!

Offline The Original Griz

« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2014, 02:40:20 PM »
I did notice my teeth are getting loose and one dropped out the other day, Maybe I should lighten up on the RAID!

Don't jump the gun, my teeth fall out every night.....no wait I have dentures. Ya better lay off the raid  :o
“I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
Thomas Jefferson
www.timsannerpowderhorns.com

Offline bigbat

« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2014, 07:17:13 AM »
you will probably catch me with your trail cam stealing all that bait you put out!!

Offline The Original Griz

« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2014, 12:49:35 PM »
you will probably catch me with your trail cam stealing all that bait you put out!!

Bigfoot.... Thats what I am waiting to get a Pic of:) jackpot ;D
“I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
Thomas Jefferson
www.timsannerpowderhorns.com

AZshooter

« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2014, 10:57:17 PM »
And here I thought that I was somehow exceptional. I built my first horn in the 70s, and after decades of use, went on to another.  After a few years of storage behind the breadmaker on the kitchen counter, I noticed the same holes and gnaw tracks covering the horn surface.  I have some dark epoxy and fil and finish is on my list of winter projects.

I have some pyrethrins that would make excellent bug treatment for all mo other horns.