Author Topic: Scotch-BriteTM 3M Hand Pads Chart  (Read 4763 times)

Offline chrisdefrance

• Chris de France
Scotch-BriteTM 3M Hand Pads Chart
« on: March 09, 2015, 09:04:34 PM »
Scotch-BriteTM 3M Hand Pads Chart

When I first posted this on Scotch-Brite, the post was filed like this 3 M Scotch-BriteTM Hand Pads Chart. I needed to find the chart this morning and this would not come up. When I got to the post I realised that this post need to be under just Scotch-Brite. The post is now under both. Sorry for any inconvenience, guys.

Found some time ago, I founds this chart that gives the product line and the specific usages for what works best with each pad. I have posted the three .pdf below and have placed this in the Gun Building site. It seems that there are a number of pads for many different forms. Hope that this is helpful.

Scotch-BriteTM 3 M Hand Pads Number Color Abrasive Grit Equiv. Steel Wool Equiv. Description 7445 Light Duty Cleansing White Flint, super fine grade 1200 ...Scotch-Brite™ Hand Pads, Sheets and RollsDesigned to offer the user a flexible and conformable abrasive for general purpose cleaning, blending, prep work, and finishing without damaging the work piece. Available in a variety of webs, grades and sizes.

This is the Scotch-BriteTM Hand Pads Chart indicating what pads based on colors and serial numbers which pads are best for specific applications. Scotch-Brite™ 7447-7448 PRO Hand Pads Trial Pack, 64933
Part Number: 64933
UPC: 00048011649337
Stock Number: 61500299997

One each of the new PRO line of Scotch-Brite had pads. The ultra-fine 7448 and the very fine 7447 pads are used for cleaning, finishing, blending, deburring or for scuffing before applying paint and paint primers. Also used in cleaning upholstery and chrome. Can be rinsed and used over and over again.

Scotch-BriteTM 34 M Hand Pads Chart
http://academic.evergreen.edu/projects/biophysics/technotes/fabric/finish.pdf

Scotch-BriteTM 3 M Hand Pads Hand Finishing Suggestions
http://multimedia.3m.com/mws/media/119555O/scotch-britetm-hand-finishing-systems-brochure-pdf.pdf?fn=61-5002-8008-8.pdf

Scotch-BriteTM 3 M Hand Pads Pro Pads and Application Suggestions
http://multimedia.3m.com/mws/media/919655O/scotch-brite-7447-pro-7448-pro-discs-sheets-rolls-hand-pads-pdf.pdf?fn=61-5002-8360-3.pdf
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 09:34:06 PM by chrisdefrance »
"These are the times that try men's souls: The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of his country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman."

Online flatsguide

Re: Scotch-BriteTM 3M Hand Pads Chart
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2015, 12:34:53 AM »
Good info...Thanks.
Richard

Offline David R. Pennington

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2015, 04:59:03 AM »
Where do you find them? The big box stores around here don't seem to carry them.
VITA BREVIS- ARS LONGA

Offline JDK

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2015, 05:18:23 AM »
I've bought them in bulk off of amazon.com before.

But then there's Supergrit by Gettysburg, PA:

http://www.supergrit.com/products/products_automarine-scuff.asp

They primarily do a mail-order business but do have a showroom packed with stuff.

Great folks.  And for abrasives, if they don't have it likely you don't need it.

Enjoy, J.D.
J.D. Kerstetter

Offline Kermit

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2015, 07:08:10 AM »
Try a good paint store or a shop that sells auto painting supplies. That's where I've found them.
"Anything worth doing is worth doing slowly." Mae West

Offline ScottH

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2015, 07:10:48 AM »
I have seen a pretty good selection of Scotch Brite abrasives at my local Sherwin Williams paint store. Might look in your local paint supplier?

Offline Scota4570

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2015, 07:45:02 AM »
I got some from a welding supply.

Offline Lucky R A

• In Costume
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2015, 01:59:38 PM »
      Thanks, J.D.  Today I learned something---now I can go back to bed.....Ron
"The highest reward that God gives us for good work is the ability to do better work."  - Elbert Hubbard

Offline JDK

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2015, 03:32:46 PM »
Well worth a stop Ron.  Allen, Mark and Ted Ulmer took me there the first time on a trip to Bobby Hoyt's shop.  I try to get in there whenever I'm down that way as I'm the type that still likes to put my hands on the stuff I'm buying.

Nice local folks, willing to help, but mostly dancing around you like bees trying to get their orders filled.  They have an island of tables set up right there in the middle of their showroom/warehouse where they are filling boxes nonstop.

Have a list of what you need when you go in as the selection they have can be a little overwhelming.  And if you don't see what you want just ask 'em.

Enjoy, J.D.
J.D. Kerstetter

Offline horseman

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2015, 04:58:18 AM »
Thank you, Chris.  Saved me some time, and, I'm sure, some frustration. :-[