Author Topic: R.E. Davis set screw dimensions  (Read 3444 times)

Offline TMerkley

R.E. Davis set screw dimensions
« on: April 27, 2015, 11:41:48 PM »
I hate to ask this question, but, what are the dimensions of the small "set" screw that adjusts the weight of pull for the trigger?  I lost mine after my move back from Fort Leanord Wood, MO last fall.  I finished the rifle in my hotel room and am about 99% done.  It is a lancaster style, using JP Beck trigger guard, buttplate, dickert lock, and a Samuel Beck Barrel. (original .38 cal). I mentioned this barrel in a post several years ago.  The only picture I have on the internet of me and the rifle is on the photo album for the "mountain man mafia" website.  I am standing next to a man in a yellow shirt.  The photo was taken at the "old settlers days" in St Robert's, MO.  Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Tom

Offline P.W.Berkuta

Re: R.E. Davis set screw dimensions
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2015, 12:13:49 AM »
All the info you supplied is nice but means nothing without the info of the trigger manufacture ???. This is the info you need to find your answer ;).
OK -- I see that it is a Davis trigger assembly - sorry for my response -- contact Davis and ask them for a replacement screw ;).
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 12:16:04 AM by P.W.Berkuta »
"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it." - Chinese proverb

Offline Dennis Glazener

• Administrator
    • GillespieRifles
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2015, 01:12:17 AM »
Trigger adjustment screw, 3-48 thread, fits several double set triggers $1.99 at TOW.
Dennis
"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend" - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Dr. Tim-Boone

• Global Moderator
  • I Like this hat!!
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2015, 02:16:39 PM »
So I like an L&R double set trigger that is sold only on Track that I can tell.....  the set screw is 2-56 thread, 3/8"…..  go figure!!!
De Oppresso Liber
Marietta, GA

Liberty is the only thing you cannot have unless you are willing to give it to others. – William Allen White

Learning is not compulsory...........neither is survival! - W. Edwards Deming

Offline TMerkley

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2015, 03:36:34 PM »
Thanks guys,
I appreciate the information.  I was wanting to stop by a bolt/screw place in town to save on shipping if possible.  Thanks

Offline D. Taylor Sapergia

• Member 3
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2015, 07:06:05 PM »
An electronics store will have screws in 2 x 56 and 3 x 48.  They'll be plated but a propane torch will take that off.
D. Taylor Sapergia
www.sapergia.blogspot.com

Art is not an object.  It is the excitement inspired by the object.

Offline Dr. Tim-Boone

• Global Moderator
  • I Like this hat!!
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2015, 07:39:36 PM »
Good to know Taylor!!  track has them for $1.50 plus shipping......... i always have to buy something else to justify it to myself   :o :o
De Oppresso Liber
Marietta, GA

Liberty is the only thing you cannot have unless you are willing to give it to others. – William Allen White

Learning is not compulsory...........neither is survival! - W. Edwards Deming