Author Topic: Here's a little something I just whipped out  (Read 10937 times)

Offline smokinbuck

Re: Here's a little something I just whipped out
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2015, 09:58:49 PM »
Dave,
I don't know if I'd wait till Tuesday. Great job Mike, really like the carving at the tang.
Mark
Mark

CARROLLCO

« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2015, 04:26:33 AM »
Mike, that one speaks to me. Elegant in it's simplicity. Just right. We all wish we could whip out copies/interpretations as this and others you have shared. Enjoy your work here and on the PBS Craftsman series.

Offline Lucky R A

• In Costume
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2015, 06:21:56 AM »
Real nice gun Mike, I am beginning to appreciate smoothbores much more. We had a great demonstration of not underestimating smoothbores at our turkey shoot today.   Two very nice turkeys were won by guys shooting smoothbores against rifles.  A smoothbore shooter actually shot a beautiful 3-4" group at 75 yds. off hand---onlyest problem it wasn't in the scoring area....

All the best
Ron
"The highest reward that God gives us for good work is the ability to do better work."  - Elbert Hubbard

Offline t.caster

« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2015, 05:53:19 PM »
Once more you've nailed it Mike. Love the architecture and relief carving, the "just enough" engraving. The gun seems to say "pick me up, lets go hunting!" Excellent work, I like it a lot.

dave

I usually try to say something different, but this pretty much sums up what I was thinking too!
Very COOL!

Tom C
Tom C.

Offline b bogart

« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2015, 08:59:33 PM »
I too like the gun. BUT did none of the rest of you open this topic with a bit of trepidation? Mr Brooks can have a sense of humor...........

Offline Mike Brooks

• Mike Brooks Gunmaker
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2015, 11:16:41 PM »
I too like the gun. BUT did none of the rest of you open this topic with a bit of trepidation? Mr Brooks can have a sense of humor...........

If you can't run with the big dogs you gotta stay on the porch. ;D
NEW WEBSITE! www.mikebrooksflintlocks.com
Say, any of you boys smithies? Or, if not smithies per se, were you otherwise trained in the metallurgic arts before straitened circumstances forced you into a life of aimless wanderin'?

kaintuck

« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2015, 11:33:53 PM »
YYAaahhhh....your getting better at this hobby.......... :D :D :D

marc n tomtom