Author Topic: little help here  (Read 2408 times)

Offline Joe S.

• the other Joe S.
little help here
« on: December 21, 2015, 02:40:30 AM »
been trying to post pics and having a little bit of a hard time.Anybody using tinypic?I go on that site and click my stuff and my pics are lined up at the bottom.If I click on one it comes up bigger on a different screen with some info.At the bottom is the row of the rest of my pictures.When I try to post them here either the same picture comes over or just the code appears and who ever looks at the post has to click on the link and it takes you to their site to view the photo.Guess I'm not figuring out how to put individual codes on each photo?
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 02:41:27 AM by Joe S. »

Offline oldtravler61

• We all make mistakes.
Re: little help here
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2015, 02:54:38 AM »
Joe don't feel bad. I can't get it to work for me either.

Offline Joe S.

• the other Joe S.
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2015, 03:05:22 AM »
I'm close to figuring it out,damm frustrating that's for sure

Offline Mark Elliott

• Mark Elliott  Artist & Craftsman
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2015, 03:07:51 AM »
Some may think this is more complicated, but I think uploading photo files (JPGs etc...) to cloud storage is the easiest way to post images here.   I use Amazon S3.   That is just one of the cloud storage services I could use provided by Amazon, not to mention untold other services such as Dropbox.   As long was the service allows you to generate a URL (web address) for the file then you just have to put that address between the image codes for this board.   The process of uploading can be a little tedious, but it is pretty straight forward.  

See this tutorial for how to put the URL into a post here:   http://americanlongrifles.org/forum/index.php?topic=10.0

Offline Joe S.

• the other Joe S.
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2015, 03:21:23 AM »
[ ][/img]

Offline Joe S.

• the other Joe S.
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2015, 03:25:21 AM »
[ ][/img]

Offline Joe S.

• the other Joe S.
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2015, 03:42:33 AM »
Thanks Mark think we have it figured out

Offline PPatch

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2015, 03:53:38 AM »
Okay, try this. In ALR  there must be a little bit of coding before and after each URL (http:/www.YOURPHOTOGRAPHWEBHOSTINGSITE.com), those two bits of code are

[ img ] before the URL, and

[ /img ] after the URL

Your submission should look like this: [ img ]http:/www.URL.com[ /img ]

But, without the spaces I added. I added them because this site wouldn't display them otherwise. So the game is you upload your pictures to a web photo hosting website, each photo you upload will have its on unique URL, copy that, then come to ALR and type the before and after code as above (no spaces), paste your URL between the code. Preview your post, you should see your photograph in all its glory.

Hope that helps

dave
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 03:58:14 AM by PPatch »
Dave Parks   /   Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?