Author Topic: .54 Caliber Swivel Breech flintlock rifle kit build videos  (Read 3374 times)

Offline Firelock

.54 Caliber Swivel Breech flintlock rifle kit build videos
« on: January 29, 2016, 09:51:46 PM »
This winter I started working on one of David Price’s .54 caliber swivel breech flintlock rifle kits. This is something a little different for me, but I’ve been interested in swivel breech rifles for a few years now.

I’m doing a video series on the kit build, but I want to say up front that I’m far from a talented builder, so please take it for what it is worth. Feel free to tell me better ways of doing things. I’m always open to learning new techniques.

Here are the videos I’ve done so far.

CoSnipe

Re: .54 Caliber Swivel Breech flintlock rifle kit build videos
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2016, 08:30:26 AM »
Good luck with the build I'll be watching the videos. Maybe one day I'll try one of these kits. Mr. Prices rifles are beautiful. What is the cost?

Offline Firelock

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2016, 12:14:43 PM »
About $2,500

Offline David Price

• The Flintlock Shop
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2016, 03:05:50 AM »
Mike,

I havn't been on line for a couple of days and I almost missed your post.  You seem to be off to a good start.
I will enjoy watching you as you progress, and if needed make some suggestions if you would like.  So far the only thing that I will comment on is that you don't need that wood screw in the front end on the trigger plate.  The trigger guard will hold that in place.  I have seen some of your other work and I know you are going to do a great job.

Smart Dog.
All of this must look quite familiar to you.

David Price

Offline smart dog

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2016, 04:05:34 AM »
Hi Dave,
It does.  You make a great product.

dave
"The main accomplishment of modern economics is to make astrology look good."