Author Topic: The Rifle Shop??  (Read 3307 times)

Offline Bigmon

The Rifle Shop??
« on: January 28, 2018, 03:40:47 AM »
I tried to Google the address for op?
It looked like it came up but when I tried the link it was something goofy and did not pertain to it at all.
Tried several times.
Is that place still in business??
I bought a gun today that I believe was made from their parts some time back.  An "Officer's Fusil".
Phil Cravener was building these for re-enactors some 15 or 20  some odd years back and I believe that is where the parts or maybe even a kit came from??
Anyone know the address

JVavrek

Re: The Rifle Shop??
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2018, 04:07:57 AM »
Bigmon, Did you buy it at the show today?

Offline Dwshotwell

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2018, 04:46:52 AM »
It looks like they’ve let their domain name lapse.
David Shotwell

Offline Mtn Meek

• GRRW Collector
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2018, 05:39:17 AM »
I agree with David. Something going on with their domain or their host server.

The Rifle Shoppe had to relocate their business last year because the Okla. Turnpike Authority decided to build a new 4-lane turnpike right through the middle of their property.  They have finished the relocations and were up and running the last time I checked.  They have a new phone number.  It is 405-356-2583.  Try giving them a call Monday morning.
Phil Meek

Offline Bigmon

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2018, 03:53:00 PM »
Thanks ya'all for the help.
Yes Sir' I picked up the Officer's Fusil at the show.
Regards to all

Offline SingleMalt

• One day I'll be considered a good builder.
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2018, 04:22:36 PM »
Be prepared when you call.  I called for a week before someone picked up the phone.
Never drink whisky that isn't old enough to vote.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men."- Plato

"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."

Offline Flint62Smoothie

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2018, 02:02:35 AM »
Be prepared when you call.  I called for a week before someone picked up the phone.
Wow, my recent experience the other week was completely the opposite!

I called, someone (women’s name - Jane maybe?) picked right up, I asked about a few parts - ALL where in stock! (wot ... ??) - placed the order easily and had my parts in hand by the end of the week.

... yes, I also went right out & bought a lottery ticket!
All of my muzzleloaders will shoot into one ragged hole ALL DAY LONG ... it's just the 2nd or 3rd & other shots that tend to open up my groups ... !

Offline SingleMalt

• One day I'll be considered a good builder.
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2018, 08:04:52 AM »
Wow, my recent experience the other week was completely the opposite!

I called, someone (women’s name - Jane maybe?) picked right up, I asked about a few parts - ALL where in stock! (wot ... ??) - placed the order easily and had my parts in hand by the end of the week.

... yes, I also went right out & bought a lottery ticket!
[/quote

I would have too!   ;D
Never drink whisky that isn't old enough to vote.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men."- Plato

"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."