Author Topic: The past year and looking ahead  (Read 3432 times)

Offline Jim Kibler

• Personal Website
The past year and looking ahead
« on: November 11, 2016, 12:32:07 AM »
Hello everyone!  I know I've not been involved here much, but I do check in often to see what's going on. 

Things have been super busy with us and the kit gun business.  It's been just about a year since we introduced these.  At the outset, we really didn't have much of an idea as to what to expect.  Suffice it to say, the response has been amazing.  Really beyond what we ever could have imagined.  It's been a lot of hard work and we've learned a great deal, but it's been very good. 

Folks here on ALR have been a big part of our success, so I would like to thank Dennis and everyone else who have supported us and helped spread the word.

So, for those who aren't on our email list, I would like to mention a recent blog post that talks a bit about our business and where it's heading.  It can be found here.  Check it out if your're interested.

http://www.jimkibler.net/blog

Thanks once again!
Jim

A shot of our new workshop being built.  It's getting there...

Offline James

Re: The past year and looking ahead
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2016, 01:04:25 AM »
I'm glad things are going well.  I enjoyed your email, nice to see what's going on.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 01:04:50 AM by James »
"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined... The great object is that every man be armed. Everyone who is able might have a gun." P.Henry

Offline wattlebuster

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2016, 01:08:52 AM »
Good looking shop ;D I like the way your kit looks an if you ever come out with a virginia style kit then you will be selling me one even though I need another like a hole in the head
Nothing beats the feel of a handmade southern iron mounted flintlock on a cold frosty morning

Offline Mike Brooks

• Mike Brooks Gunmaker
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2016, 04:06:28 PM »
I wish I had 1/2 of your energy.....
NEW WEBSITE! www.mikebrooksflintlocks.com
Say, any of you boys smithies? Or, if not smithies per se, were you otherwise trained in the metallurgic arts before straitened circumstances forced you into a life of aimless wanderin'?

Offline BOB HILL

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2016, 04:20:40 PM »
It has given me much pleasure seeing y'all succeed in this venture. Keep up the great work and I agree with you also Mike...............Bob
South Carolina Lowcountry

Offline Jim Kibler

• Personal Website
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2016, 02:51:00 AM »
I don't think you'd be happy with half of my energy right now, Mike...  Ha!  Things are good, in fact really good, but I certainly underestimated all the work in getting an operation like this set up properly.  So much to do, that's for sure!

I'll certainly be doing a bigger earlier styled gun next, though I'm not sure how soon that will be.  Probably something from the Rev ware period or slightly before.  I'll probably choose a design that would fit in the context of a fairly wide geographic area.  Not something too regionally specific.

The new shop is coming along well.  Still need to get heat installed, insulation and interior liner / drywall.   We live in about 500 square feet here with a similarly sized shop attached.  The current shop will become living area so we can't wait to get moved in.  The new shop of almost 3000 square feet is going to be wonderful.

Thanks for all the nice words and encouragement.

All the best,
Jim

Offline tallbear

• Global Moderator
  • Mitch Yates
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2016, 03:02:14 AM »
Looking good Jim!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We've come a long way since sharing a bench in that first engraving class with Wallace.I've enjoyed watching your journey!!!!!!!

Mitch
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 03:03:36 AM by tallbear »

Offline Jim Kibler

• Personal Website
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2016, 04:24:49 AM »
You too Mitch.  We've both made a bit of progress!  Those were some fun times...