Author Topic: Zornes Lock Feedback?  (Read 5233 times)

Offline SingleMalt

• One day I'll be considered a good builder.
Zornes Lock Feedback?
« on: March 13, 2017, 07:55:43 PM »
I saw a couple of locks by Larry Zornes of the Mold and Gun Shop on MBS' site. Does anyone have any experience with them?  Thanks in advance.
Never drink whisky that isn't old enough to vote.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men."- Plato

"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."

Offline Gary Tucker

Re: Zornes Lock Feedback?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2017, 08:48:23 PM »
I have used two of them on rifles.  One that Larry calls the Continental and the other is supposed to be styled after a lock on a rifle by Andreas Albrecht.  Both have been fine locks after polishing the internals.
Gary Tucker

Offline Robby

• NYSSR ―
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2017, 09:49:40 PM »
Everything I have gotten from him is top notch!
Robby
molon labe
We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. A. Lincoln

n stephenson

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2017, 10:39:29 PM »
I`ve used almost all of his locks except one or two models . I`ve had very good results with his locks. I like the thick bolsters on his locks when used with a swamped barrel they make for nice wrist architecture. Good guy to deal with too.        Nathan

Offline Tim Crosby

• Administrator
  • AKA TimBuckII
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2017, 10:57:30 PM »
  The Mold and Gun Shop makes the locks R. E. Davis sells, see the website. Both Larry and Tim are great to deal with and have lots of experience with locks of all types.
 Give Larry a call, he has no website, and he will fix you up, 740-286-2743.

http://www.redaviscompany.com/

Tim C.

Offline bama

• Calvary Longrifles
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2017, 12:26:16 AM »
I have used a couple of Larry's locks and they are well made and properly hardened where needed. I don't think you would be disappointed if you decide to use one of his locks. I have gotten excellent service from him on his products. 
Jim Parker

"An Honest Man is worth his weight in Gold"

bowman48

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2017, 02:32:45 AM »
I have two Larry's locks.  They have performed after much use.  Like someone already stated, both Larry and Tim are great to work. 

Offline alex e.

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2017, 03:27:31 AM »
I've used the ''continental'' and just finished a rifle using his newer ''Albrecht/ Germanic '' both are reliable and ample pan space, my rifle went off consistently priming with ffg.
Uva uvam videndo varia fit

Offline Stoner creek

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2017, 03:52:37 AM »
His Classic lock is fast and reliable. It's a good size lock for 7/8" or smaller barrel. Would be an excellent choice for pistol too. Recommend!!!
Stop Marxism in America

Offline A.Merrill

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2017, 07:06:08 AM »
   M &G locks are as good as any on the market.  I first put one in a gun 5 years ago for a guy that does a lot of shooting I talked to him a month ago and his report was " its one of the best locks I've ever used".  I know the wider bolster gives a gun a much nicer look through the wrist and breech area.     Al
Alan K. Merrill

Offline Keb

• south Ohio
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2017, 02:21:51 PM »
I'll chime in on these locks. I've used several of them, mostly the Barker - Whately. I've got no complaints.

Offline SingleMalt

• One day I'll be considered a good builder.
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2017, 02:53:46 AM »
Thanks for the replies and feedback. I ordered the "Continental " lock yesterday. I'm looking forward to seeing it.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 05:10:20 AM by SingleMalt »
Never drink whisky that isn't old enough to vote.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men."- Plato

"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."

galudwig

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2017, 04:42:45 AM »
Make sure your drill bit is good and sharp for drilling the bolster for your lock bolt.  Several guys in this years gun class used the Late English lock and drilling them was a challenge with a less than perfect bit.  Other than that, no complaints about the lock's performance.  8)

Offline Tommy Bruce

« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2017, 04:46:20 PM »
I've used the Early English, the French lock & his Early Germanic lock and have had no issues.
A man can never have too much red wine, too many books or too much ammunition”
R. Kipling