Author Topic: contemporary long riflr w/ short length of pull  (Read 1813 times)

John Ciccone

contemporary long riflr w/ short length of pull
« on: January 13, 2018, 02:00:09 AM »
I need a gun with a 12 - 12 1/2 inch length of pull (LOP). Ideally, a flintlock, but can be a percussion, with a 35-36 inch barrel. Ideally with a full length stock and the slim lines of a long rifle.  Can anyone suggest a contemporary gun? I have searched the Internet and found guns of the right overall length, but not LOP.

Many guns have patch boxes, and or but plates that also extend up the heel and or the top of the stock but. Such guns would not be suitable for shortening the stock (taking a saw to it). I would have no problem reconfiguring a conventional but plate.

Please offer an opinion of guns by Pedersoli.

Thank you, John C
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 02:41:57 AM by John Ciccone »

Offline oldtravler61

• We all make mistakes.
Re: contemporary long riflr w/ short length of pull
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2018, 04:29:31 AM »
  John most if not all of Pedroseli guns are 13 1/2 or more to my iirc.
   Might have to have one built for you.. Most all company guns have long lop.....Oldtravler

Offline Curt Lyles

• Curt’s Blacksmith Shop
    • Curt's Blacksmith Shop
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2018, 05:47:15 AM »
John, I have a rifle built by Chuck Edwards that comes very close to the specifications you mentioned.  The LOP is 12 3/4", it has a 38" .54 cal. swamped barrel.  It shoulders nice, shoots nice (accurate), and is very slender.  The weight is about 7 lbs.  If you're interested in it, send me an email: clram@bnin.net

Offline oldtravler61

• We all make mistakes.
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2018, 05:52:43 PM »
  Curt very nice gun. ...