Author Topic: posting pictures  (Read 1037 times)

Offline yip

posting pictures
« on: September 08, 2018, 06:33:25 PM »
 gentlemen what the best way of posting pictures on ALR,did a serach and could'nt find it 

Offline Mauser06

Re: posting pictures
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2018, 08:09:02 PM »
I use postinmage.org   upload them to there and copy the link that says "hotlink for forums". Paste that link where you want pics in your thread

Offline Mark Elliott

• Mark Elliott  Artist & Craftsman
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2018, 08:32:50 PM »
I think the best way is to use the built-in function to add photos.   That is,  the "Add image to post" link below the Post reply text box.   It puts the photos up on, I believe, the Imgbb photo hosting site.   For the best results,  you need to edit your photos so that they are no more than 700 pixels on the longest edge.

Offline Dennis Glazener

• Administrator
    • GillespieRifles
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2018, 09:01:08 PM »
Mark is correct, using the onboard add image is by far the easiest for most members. No sign-up required but if you want to retain access to the photos once you upload them you can create an account with imgbb.com and use it for ALR and any other use you might have.

Here is a tutorial for using the feature: http://americanlongrifles.org/forum/index.php?topic=43575.0

Oh, forgot to add, again Mark is correct about resizing photos to be no larger than 700 pixels in either height or length but ALR software will modify larger photos but you will not get as nice a photo after its uploaded to ALR as you will if the uploaded photo is 700 pixel in size. Depending on the size of the original the loaded copy may be distorted somewhat. Some load with very little distortion.
Dennis
« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 09:06:58 PM by Dennis Glazener »
"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend" - Thomas Jefferson

Offline yip

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2018, 10:37:26 PM »
Thanks guys, i got to get my son to help with this ,i ain't that computer savey

Offline Craig Wilcox

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2018, 11:31:57 PM »
Yip, I get my grandkids to help me. Danged if I can figger it out!
Craig Wilcox
We are all elated when Dame Fortune smiles at us, but remember that she is always closely followed by her daughter, Miss Fortune.

Offline flehto

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2018, 12:47:38 AM »
The camera must have facility to transfer the pics to the computer. .....Fred

Offline Darkhorse

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2018, 06:47:05 AM »
You could also get a free account for yourself at imgbb.com you could them post photo's about anywhere you want to.
American horses of Arabian descent.