Author Topic: Brown or Blue Trigger Plate?  (Read 830 times)

Offline Craig Wilcox

Brown or Blue Trigger Plate?
« on: September 09, 2018, 10:28:07 PM »
Couldn't find much on the forum about it, but:  Are trigger plates normally colored like the barrel, i.e., browned or blued?

My trigger plate, two set-triggers from Davis, does show a lot of marks from grinding to profile.  I would like to file it smooth and either brown it or blue it.  Would this be HC?

Thanks
Craig Wilcox
We are all elated when Dame Fortune smiles at us, but remember that she is always closely followed by her daughter, Miss Fortune.

Offline D. Taylor Sapergia

• Member 3
Re: Brown or Blue Trigger Plate?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2018, 01:05:15 AM »
I'd say you'd be right if you simply polished it and left if bright, blued or browned.  Another option:  case harden it grey, or in colours, or polished off.
D. Taylor Sapergia
www.sapergia.blogspot.com

Art is not an object.  It is the excitement inspired by the object.

Offline Eric Krewson

Re: Brown or Blue Trigger Plate?
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2018, 04:28:26 PM »
I have done one set of triggers on a TN gun in brown and one (Kibler) in rubbed back cold blue to a gray, both look good.

On the first picture I broke the back trigger after heating it and bending it, letting it cool and giving it one more tweek cold. I have a new trigger but never got around to replacing my soldered one, it works OK. I made a long scarf joint to put the broken halves back together. Until I took this picture just now I had completely forgotten about cutting off the tang screw and trigger spring screw and browning them.

« Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 04:37:43 PM by Eric Krewson »