Author Topic: Custom checkering  (Read 1362 times)

Offline Lucky R A

• In Costume
Custom checkering
« on: October 25, 2018, 12:52:48 AM »
       I am looking for the names and contact information for someone to a checkering job on an English Sporting rifle.  I would prefer someone in the east, PA being most preferred.   I gave up checkering years ago and do not want to get back into it.   
Thanks much,
Ron
"The highest reward that God gives us for good work is the ability to do better work."  - Elbert Hubbard

Offline Flint62Smoothie

Re: Custom checkering
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2018, 03:44:25 PM »
Not in PA, but Tim is in MS. He’s done a few classic single shots for me and many others on the ASSRA forums, and we’re all pleased.

http://www.classiccheckering.com/home.html

Hey, just thought of this, try calling Paul Shuttleworth at CPA Rifles in PA. He contracts out any checkering work, but being from PA he may know someone.

CPA Rifles- Phone: 1-570-828-1669. Fax: 1-570-828-8333. Mailing address: Single Shot Rifles Inc., 419 Emery Road Dingmans Ferry, PA 18328
All of my muzzleloaders will shoot into one ragged hole ALL DAY LONG ... it's just the 2nd or 3rd & other shots that tend to open up my groups ... !

Offline Lucky R A

• In Costume
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2018, 12:23:56 PM »
Thank you for the information.  I will see if he can help me out on this project. 
Ron
"The highest reward that God gives us for good work is the ability to do better work."  - Elbert Hubbard

Offline Daryl

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2018, 03:29:37 AM »
Whomever you get, tell him something along the lines of THIS is what you want if bag-butted.

or something like this, from an 1853 Joseph Lang 16 bore rifle in 99% condition.

« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 03:32:14 AM by Daryl »
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a spaniel without ears" King George V