Author Topic: Thanks Curtis  (Read 1215 times)

Offline J. Talbert

Thanks Curtis
« on: November 04, 2018, 10:27:34 PM »
Pick these up from Curtis at the CLA.  They're currently working out great on a lock inlet.

Well worth it.
Thanks,
Jeff
There are no solutions.  There are only trade-offs.”
Thomas Sowell

Offline David Rase

• If we need it here, make it here. Charlie Daniels
Re: Thanks Curtis
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2018, 11:11:32 PM »
Those are nice looking bottoming tools.
David

Offline Tim Crosby

• Administrator
  • AKA TimBuckII
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2018, 12:37:38 AM »
 Curtis,
   Ya got any more of them for sale? I remember before the CLA show you had mentioned having some for sale but I never got by.

Thanks, Tim

Offline Martin S.

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2018, 12:51:32 AM »
I would be interested in a set as well.

Offline Curtis

• Missouri
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2018, 09:48:57 AM »
Hello Jeff!  I was wondering how they were working out for you, I'm glad to hear you like them.

I sold all the sets I made for the CLA show and made another couple of sets for folks since then.... I'm sorry to say I don't currently have any sets available.  If I get around to making some more I will let you guys know first.  It pretty much takes me a whole day to make a set from start to finish, it's a little quicker if I make several sets at once.

The last couple of sets I made were out of eighth inch square O1 tool steel (ran out of round and gave it a try) and I think I liked them even better than the round stock.

Thanks for the kind words, Jeff!   ;)
Curtis
Curtis Allinson
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sometimes, late at night when I am alone in the inner sanctum of my workshop and no one else can see, I sand things using only my fingers for backing

Offline T*O*F

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2018, 06:39:04 PM »
I have a set.  They are the greatest thing since safety pins.  I had an intricate carving in fuzzy wood that nothing would clean up.  His chisels made short work of the problem.  All my others were too large to clean up the inside work of removing the background between scrolls.
Dave Kanger

If religion is opium for the masses, the internet is a crack, pixel-huffing orgy that deafens the brain, numbs the senses and scrambles our peer list to include every anonymous loser, twisted deviant, and freak as well as people we normally wouldn't give the time of day.
-S.M. Tomlinson

Offline J. Talbert

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2018, 12:31:30 AM »
I figured when I posted this that it would stir up some interest.  Didn't mean to put any pressure on you Curtiss. ;D

But I really do like them.  They'll get used on every future gun I make.

Jeff
There are no solutions.  There are only trade-offs.”
Thomas Sowell