Author Topic: Kibler Colonial Rifle finally finished-updated. Shoots well, need lock help.  (Read 6412 times)

Offline Marcruger

I am glad you got it all sorted out, and talked with Chambers as well.  Another great resource on these round faced locks is Chris Evrard.  He definitely knows his way around these, having assembled a huge body of knowledge.  I have one of his bridleless conversions of this lock, and it is pretty amazing.  Chris posts on here now and again.  Hope this helps at some point.   God Bless,   Marc

Offline Scota4570

Sounds like it is working now. 

I would have fitted the tumbler square to the cock square to eliminate the tipping cock.

Offline Chowmi

I am glad you got it all sorted out, and talked with Chambers as well.  Another great resource on these round faced locks is Chris Evrard.  He definitely knows his way around these, having assembled a huge body of knowledge.  I have one of his bridleless conversions of this lock, and it is pretty amazing.  Chris posts on here now and again.  Hope this helps at some point.   God Bless,   Marc

Marc,
You are right, I was thinking of contacting Chris Evrard if I hit a problem I couldn't work through.  That was my back up plan!
Cheers,
Chowmi

NMLRA
CLA