Author Topic: Hugh's shop  (Read 8513 times)

Offline Blacksmoke

• "Old age and treachery beats youth and skill"
Hugh's shop
« on: June 25, 2009, 05:04:55 PM »
For the successful applicants who will be arriving at my shop for gun making classes this is what my shop looks like-- there are 4 separate rooms-  the main work shop,  the den/ show room  (which has DVD and VHS facilities for watching tutorial videos),  the kitchen and the machine/tool room.  Sky lights provide most of the light and the whole building is separate from the house.   I have a few more dates open for classes and they are:  July 20-24,  Aug: 10-14,    Oct. 26-30,   Nov. 16-20.

Hugh

« Last Edit: June 28, 2009, 06:12:26 AM by Blacksmoke »
H.T.

Offline D. Taylor Sapergia

• Member 3
Re: Hugh's shop
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2009, 06:43:12 PM »
Hugh, that's nothing short of amazing.  I'd be afraid to wear my shoes in your shop.  Lester Hawkes, a contemporary of Les Bauska, once said to me, as I appologized for the messy shop..."a clean shop isn't making any money".
Having known Hugh for most of my adult life, I can say to your students, you will enjoy the experience and come away enriched.
D. Taylor Sapergia
www.sapergia.blogspot.com

Art is not an object.  It is the excitement inspired by the object.

Offline Bill of the 45th

• Gaylord, Michigan
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2009, 07:50:33 PM »
That's what I want my shop to be in heaven, or where ever I go!

Bill
Bill Knapp
Over the Hill, What Hill, and when did I go over it?

erdillonjr

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2009, 08:17:31 PM »
Thats much to clean for a rifle shop. Ed

Offline Blacksmoke

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2009, 09:36:22 PM »
Thanks for the comments guys--in actual fact I spent two days cleaning and straightening up my shop because I knew that I had pics. to take.  Normally my benches are so messy that I have to start putting things way before I can find stuff!!?? ::) However here are two more pics of the place-- one is of the view through one the many windows that I installed on the work side of the shop and the other is of me holding a perk that arrived in the mail recently as a result of my being admitted to the American Custom Gunmaker's Guild in Jan. 2009.  My left hand is holding a gift certificate from Brownells for $ 500!  I spent it already! on books and tools! ;D .       Hugh

H.T.

billd

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2009, 10:03:47 PM »
That shop is cleaner than my house. Don't anybody tell my wife I said that.

Hugh, I wish I lived closer. I'd take you up on the offer in a NY minute.

Bill

Harnic

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2009, 11:09:25 PM »
Hugh, that's a far cry from the shop you had in Langley!  Very nice!  Looks like pretty country there.

Offline SR James

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2009, 11:47:03 PM »
You have a house too?  With a shop like that, who needs a house?
Very nice!

Offline Scott Bumpus

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2009, 01:14:45 AM »
Hugh,  very nice shop.  we still do not know how much this education will cost.  I do not mean to be rude but people tend to be scared away from something that they do not know the price of. 
YOU CAN ONLY BE LOST IF YOU GIVE A @!*% WHERE THE $#*! YOU ARE!!

Offline Tom Currie

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2009, 01:15:12 AM »
WOW that's awesome.

Offline Blacksmoke

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2009, 03:01:13 AM »
Hi Scott,   Having been down this road before, I have learned some of life"s "hard" lessons.  The reason for not posting all the details, including prices, is to sort out the "sincerely interested" from the "lookie-loos"before we even get started.  If people are truly interested in what I have to offer, they have all the communication criteria needed to contact me.  The volume of e-mails to my address is testimony to this fact. ;)

H.T.

Offline Brian Jordan

• Pennsylvania
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2009, 03:10:57 AM »
Wow, what a beautiful shop!
Elizabeth, PA

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms"...Thomas Jefferson

Let's Go Brandon!

Offline Dave B

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2009, 04:48:05 AM »
Dang,
I wish I knew where you were back in Feburuary. My wife and I flew out to look at a job opourtunity in Rapid City, we drove the loop around to see Mt Rushmore  and went right by you in Custer. We ended up in Sturgis for dinner that day. Would have been better off talking longrifles in that beautiful shop.
Dave Blaisdell

Offline Blacksmoke

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2009, 04:26:40 PM »
Dave,  Sorry I missed you in February, however I am not a "newby" on this forum and I am listed in the book.  Oh well maybe next time, you are always welcome at my shop.     Hugh
H.T.

Offline Dave B

« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2009, 04:43:12 AM »
Thanks Hugh. I have never made it a practice of looking up where every one is from so its not surprising I missed out on introducing my self. I will have to be a little more proactive in that regard. I know there are some members out this way but we've only gotten together at the gunmakers fairs out here. It is a great comunity of folks to chew the fat with.
Dave Blaisdell

Offline Blacksmoke

« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2009, 08:17:19 AM »
Dave,   I am just as guilty for not finding out where people are from-- I've just discovered that you are in Vancouver WA.   When I lived in B.C. I used to attend the Cascade Mountain Men show back in the 70's and 80's.  I was also involved with the Mount Baker Longrifles in northern WA. I've also done some re-enacting at the old Fort Vancouver. But that was in another lifetime it seems :-\    Hugh
H.T.

Offline Don Getz

« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2009, 04:27:51 PM »
Hugh....I love your shop, would really be a pleasure to work in a place like this.   How about if I come out and visit and you can show me all the details of doing siver wire inlay, and I'll teach you all I know about barn guns?   Don

Daryl

« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2009, 05:25:36 PM »
AMAZING! :o Nice place to live as well as work.

Offline Blacksmoke

« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2009, 06:09:37 PM »
Don,   You are welcome to come for visit any time you can make it.  The coffee is on and the spare room is available. ;)     Hugh
H.T.