Author Topic: Single Set Trig  (Read 2712 times)

Canyonrun

Single Set Trig
« on: July 01, 2009, 03:24:38 AM »
Making a single set trigger for pistol which has a roller on top of trigger driven by a main spring and adjustment screw to set balance point.  It looks pretty simple with few parts so figure I’ll give it a try. So far it does snap forward when pull but like to see a lot more punch! The main spring, roller & pins are harden and temper but the rest has not been case harden yet hoping to get a little more snap when finish. Would like input from someone that mess with this type of trigger, thinking maybe I got to much arch in main spring and they’re a big difference in the adjustment screw when trying to set balance point too snap and them too set .The drawing that I’m working off of has little information. Attach scan image of trigger at set & snap, thanks
Lyle

Canyonrun

Re: Single Set Trig
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2009, 08:28:56 PM »
Made a new spring with straighter arch wouldn’t set so decided to finish trigger using the first spring made. Temper & polish rest of the parts which made a big different got a nice crisp snap and was surprise how fine I could tune the trigger pull, see attach photo.

Offline RobertS

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2009, 06:27:04 PM »
Very nice, and I look forward to seeing it the rest of it-  Keep up the good work!

Canyonrun

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2009, 05:16:20 PM »
Thanks for the encouragement, working on the lock now plan on being done by July 12 pistol shoot. Grandkids arrived today for to weeks so maybe won’t make the deadline, canoeing, rafting and shooting most likely will get in the way.