Author Topic: Installing a white lightning flash hole  (Read 1173 times)

Offline craigos

• Starting Member
Installing a white lightning flash hole
« on: October 05, 2019, 02:53:43 AM »
My first flintlock was a Luckenbill (I love the rifle, my hunting rifle) however it doesnt have a white lightning flash hole so ignition varies (I have another chuck edwards with a flash hole and its extremely fast and consistent to ignite). Given how much i enjoy the Luckenbill  is there a gunsmith who can install a white lightning flash hole for me? Understand if the current drilled hole is too close to the breech block may need some additional adjustments etc. Similarly installing the touch hole, may nee to re-aged the area filed to install and make flash hole liner flush. Recommendations?

Joe S

Re: Installing a white lightning flash hole
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2019, 03:02:38 AM »
What is the diameter of your current flash hole?  If you were to enlarge it, ignition is very likely to be as reliable and as fast as the White Lightening.

Offline Lucky R A

• In Costume
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2019, 05:05:56 AM »
     Hi Craig,
              If your rifle does not have a white lightening liner, it must be one of my very early rifles.  Does your rifle have a number?   I started numbering after the first 150 guns, but started using white lightning lines much before that.  If you are able to get the rifle back to me I would be happy to put a white lightening liner in for you at no charge. 

Best wishes
Ron
"The highest reward that God gives us for good work is the ability to do better work."  - Elbert Hubbard

Offline Joey R

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2019, 01:11:48 AM »
Can't beat a offer(deal) like that!
Joey.....Don’t ever ever ever give up! Winston Churchill