Author Topic: Photos of Acer's Jaeger at Dixon's  (Read 10629 times)

Offline Acer Saccharum

• Administrator
    • Thomas  A Curran
Re: Photos of Acer's Jaeger at Dixon's
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2009, 05:45:40 PM »
Awwwww, gawrsh, fellers, thanks for the kind words. This has been a labor of love, and is coming down the home stretch....can you believe it's still not done? Hahahaha.

To do:
sling swivels
polish rr pipes
engrave and case the lock
engrave toe plate
engrave rear swivel escutcheon
final varnish on stock

Speaking of varnish:

EK did not make Dixon's, which saddened me, as I love to say hi, if for only a few minutes. I had also planned to pick up my jar of boiled oil from him. Alas! I'd ask him to ship it when I get back from the Fair, I think to myself.  But when I got home, I find the oil on my porch. EK had the consideration to send it. Thanks, Eric.

In the photos above, you can see the humidity hanging in the air. We had great weather, lots of rain, mostly at night, however, so there was little interruption to the show.  A great weekend. Thank you all for your kind words and thoughts. They are much appreciated.

Tom
Tom Curran's web site : http://monstermachineshop.net
Ramrod scrapers are all sold out.

Offline Dennis Glazener

• Administrator
    • GillespieRifles
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2009, 05:53:30 PM »
Acer,
I hope I did not drool too bad on the Jaeger, I tried to be careful. Its a great display of craftsmanship and I really enjoyed seeing it in person. I look forward to seeing it again at the CLA show.
Dennis
"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend" - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Acer Saccharum

• Administrator
    • Thomas  A Curran
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2009, 06:09:35 PM »
No worries, Dennis, it is fairly drool proof at this point.... ;D
It was great to see you, such a nice surprise. This was a fantastic weekend, with friends and guns, what could be better?

Acer

Tom Curran's web site : http://monstermachineshop.net
Ramrod scrapers are all sold out.

flintman-tx

« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2009, 06:40:38 PM »
What a Gun!!!