Author Topic: need help with trigger (not the horse)  (Read 3036 times)

Ephraim

need help with trigger (not the horse)
« on: July 28, 2009, 06:13:17 PM »
I am building a mule ear rifle and the sear moves backward not up I need some ideas on the shape of the trigger and location of the pin trough the stock. Thanks for your help.
Ephraim

Offline Stophel

• Chris Immel
Re: need help with trigger (not the horse)
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2009, 08:09:28 PM »
I will presume it should be pinned very high, and it swivels back, rather like on Spanish guns or others with lateral sears.
When a reenactor says "They didn't write everything down"   what that really means is: "I'm too lazy to look for documentation."

Offline John Archer

• I solemnly swear that I am up to no good
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2009, 08:36:01 PM »
Pin it just under the barrel tang and just forward of the rear edge of the tang if you can. You can then cut the slot from above and below.

John.
I cannot be left unsupervised.
(Sent from my immobile dial-operated telephone)

Offline Metalshaper

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2009, 12:41:06 AM »
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y181/metalshaper/Navymuleear.jpg

Here is the part diagram Marlow and I made off of a Navy Arms "poor Boy" Mule ear. at the botom of the page is how NA went about making the trigger work.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y181/metalshaper/MM4.jpg

with  some Help from laurie Fenton in NSW Australia,, My "Miss Muley" uses a similar although more compact variation, that I designed.. before seeing the NA version.

Hope it Helps??

Respect Always
Metalshaper

Ephraim

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2009, 06:27:09 AM »
Good ideas I am using a single trigger and I think I have an idea of how to make it work . If any of you have a different way of doing a trigger feel free to give me some more input.
Ephraim