Author Topic: Question for Bill Shipman or any other ideas  (Read 4006 times)

California Kid

Question for Bill Shipman or any other ideas
« on: July 31, 2008, 08:04:25 AM »
Where did you get the butt plate and trigger guard for your Christian Hawken rifle, or what did you use .Armstrong ? Thanks
« Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 10:21:49 PM by California Kid »

California Kid

Re: Question for Bill Shipman or any other ideas
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2008, 10:29:09 PM »
All others are welcome to chime in as well. I really like Bill's gun and the furniture, but all suggestions welcome.

Offline Larry Luck

• Administrator
  • Larry Luck
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2008, 11:02:51 PM »
I can't answer for Bill, but Reaves Goehring has a wide selection of castings.  I have his parts list at home and will check later this evening to see if he has C. Hawken buttplates or triggerguards.
Larry Luck

Offline 490roundball

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2008, 11:44:38 PM »
I can't answer for Bill, but Reaves Goehring has a wide selection of castings.  I have his parts list at home and will check later this evening to see if he has C. Hawken buttplates or triggerguards.
Larry Luck

What do you mean at home, you don't carry it with you?  ;D  Just so happens I had mine with me to make a copy, I try to keep a new clean copy so I can read it after having the old one in my pocket at Dixons.

Nothing in there specifically for C. Hawken,

Rick
"It's a poor word that can't be spelt two ways" Tom Yeardley in Swanson's Silent Drum

Offline B Shipman

• W.G. Shipman Gunmaker
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2008, 08:12:57 AM »
That has a Reeves Goering #7 butt and # 13 T.G. modified.  Reeves # 4 is a good one for Hagerstown rifles as well.

California Kid

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2008, 08:22:19 AM »
Bill,   thanks for the reply. I'll call Reaves tomorrow. I am trying to find more info about C. Hawken's work. Any Ideas out there? Being on the west coast there is great interest in the Hawken family. I like the patch box design. I've seen a Sheetz rifle with the same idea. Thanks.