Author Topic: Saturday at Dixon's  (Read 4265 times)

Offline Bill of the 45th

• Gaylord, Michigan
Saturday at Dixon's
« on: July 26, 2009, 05:45:28 AM »
OK, here's more pic's of ALR

That's me, Eric Von A., and Daryl, taken by Taylor, no ALR member broke the camera, though many tried.

Eric, and one of his fine guns.

ALR shirts everywhere.

Ian Pratt

Taylor at the Judging Hall

Mr., and Mrs. Rich Pierce

Look who's Judging at the Hall  It's Judge Acer, Here comes da Judge.

B. J. Hamermill, and Jim Chambers
I'll put more on the next post

Bill
Bill Knapp
Over the Hill, What Hill, and when did I go over it?

Offline Ben I. Voss

Re: Saturday at Dixon's
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2009, 05:54:59 AM »
Bill, thanks from all of us who couldn't be there!!

Offline Dr. Tim-Boone

• Global Moderator
  • I Like this hat!!
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2009, 11:14:27 PM »
Oh yes, Thanks!!
De Oppresso Liber
Marietta, GA

Liberty is the only thing you cannot have unless you are willing to give it to others. – William Allen White

Learning is not compulsory...........neither is survival! - W. Edwards Deming

catchinzs

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2009, 05:08:32 AM »
It was great meeting you, Ian and others.

I was really overwhelmed by the event and the folks there were incredible gratious.

Being able to see rifles that I'd seen the progress on via this site really help to drive home how small the world is.

Offline Bill of the 45th

• Gaylord, Michigan
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2009, 05:27:06 AM »
Catchinzs, cute handle, and it was a pleasure to meet you, I, not home yet but when I get there I'll send you the info on the Souther rifles CD, or if Packdog sees this he may have the info handy, there's also full scale drawings available for you to study.  Hey, welcome to the site, yer no longer hiding out there.  Now yer gonna have to get an ALR shirt for next year.

Bill
Bill Knapp
Over the Hill, What Hill, and when did I go over it?

Offline Doug Cline

• Starting Member
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2009, 03:05:09 PM »
Thanks for posting the photos, I went on Sat. for the first time and had a great time, even my teen age daughters who have little intrest in any types of guns had a good time. The youngest now wants to try building a pistol. I plan to be back next year along with my daughter.

Berks Liberty

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2009, 03:43:27 PM »
It was nice to meet a few of those in ALR shirts but I didn't get to see everyone.  Really busy hitting all the seminars.  I think on Saturday I sat in the Seminar Tent from 9 am to 1:30pm without moving.  I love the seminars.  I still think one of the best seminars is the one Ron Gable, Allen Martin, Rich Hujsa and Dave Dodds did on Common Problems in Gun Building, Solving Problems in Gun Building.  I was at this seminar last year and I still walked away with stuff I didn't pick up last year.  Really good.  Eric VonAschwege's seminar on Long Rifle Design -Dimensioning and Drafting was also a really good one.  Especially since I'm in the process of planning my next build. 

catchinzs

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2009, 04:13:24 PM »
There was a strong ALR showing for sure.

Berks Liberty,

I'm sure I saw you then because I did the same thing.   I enjoyed all the seminars but I think I got the most out of the lock tuning seminar.  The handout really helped with that since we didn't have our locks infront of us.

I could definately sit down and drink beers with all the people I met at Dixon's....great event and great people.

Berks Liberty

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2009, 05:13:26 PM »
There was a strong ALR showing for sure.

Berks Liberty,

I'm sure I saw you then because I did the same thing.   I enjoyed all the seminars but I think I got the most out of the lock tuning seminar.  The handout really helped with that since we didn't have our locks infront of us.

I could definately sit down and drink beers with all the people I met at Dixon's....great event and great people.

I would have to agree with you.  The hand out and Keith's seminar will be a great help in tuning my locks.  There was so much my brain basically was moosh after the fair.  Driving home, Sunday evening I was trying to put everything together.  I don't think I wrote everything down I could have. 

Offline Osprey

• Roaming Delmarva...
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2009, 05:31:57 PM »
I thought it was a great show!  ALR shirts certainly looked like the official uniform of the weekend.  Way too many to even have a clue who was who!  I think they need names/screennames across the back, like football jerseys.   ;D

I will definitely go up on Friday from now on, it was so nice to be able to walk  around and see things without big crowds. All weekend was pleasant, but by mid-day Saturday I had to head to Cabelas for a break.  Came up on Friday this year just to hear Taylor's talk on wire inlay, well worth the extra day. 

Got my annual participants ribbon in the gun judging.  I think I'm going to try and set a record for most consecutive of those without a place ribbon.   :D  I noticed the rack behind the judges table and that my gun always seems to end up there pretty quick, thus I've dubbed it the 'Rack of Doom".  My new goal for next year is to stay off that rack until at least after noon on Saturday!
"Any gun built is incomplete until it takes game!"