Author Topic: Muzzleloader Builders clubs  (Read 4844 times)

Offline Ats5331

Re: Muzzleloader Builders clubs
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2020, 03:49:08 AM »
You're just a mite too far for me. I'm in SW Pa. on the Youghiogheny river not far from Belle Vernon near Braddock's Road. I like the idea of builders getting together. Anyone else in this area?

From the Murrysville area and live near the old Forbes Road. I think getting builders together is a great idea. Fascinating to learn techniques and just chat about Longrifles. Lots of history in this area as well!

Offline WestBranchSusquehanna

« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2020, 04:57:57 PM »
Gun Builders of Northern Pennsylvania:
Looks like we have about 6 people who are really interested in a gun-builders get together.  I am planning on our first meeting for the 5th of March at my house starting at 7:00pm.  (Early arrivals are welcome if they wish) And then every first Thursday of the month.  We might do a weekend day for special project as they come up.
Goals:  Meet and greet.  Discuss what each wants to get out of our meetings.  Please bring current or past projects.  All are welcome to shoot as light allows.
I don’t know as much as I like but I bet I know something that I can share with all.  And that should be the attitude of everyone coming.
Not only will we share ideas and hints but it could be a great resource for swapping out items, tools, etc. 
The main rules:  Constructive criticism only! Encouragement!

ON a side note:  I went to a local shop that sells black powder and trapping supplies and unfortunately I was a day late meeting up with someone who had just bought a kit and was looking for some guidance.  Hopefully, he will return and the store is posting a note on their counter that we have this group started.

Cheers, Michael Kuriga

Offline Craig Wilcox

« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2020, 10:32:15 PM »
And if there are any builders within an hour's drive of Kenton, OH, give a shout.  We can "out-club" those Pennsy folks!
Craig Wilcox
We are all elated when Dame Fortune smiles at us, but remember that she is always closely followed by her daughter, Miss Fortune.

Offline David G

« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2020, 05:50:46 PM »
I wish I could find a group like this in Georgia. For that matter just in the south east.
X2 !

Offline dstock

« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2020, 06:00:09 PM »
Daviid G what part of the state of Ga are you in? I am in the northern part about 60 miles north of Atlanta. I know another builder that might possible be interested in something like this.

Doug B    God Bless

God Bless
Doug B

mike cass

« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2020, 02:40:23 AM »
I would be interested in the get together in Williamsport Pa, Mike Cass

Offline David G

« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2020, 04:39:58 AM »
Hey Doug, Chatsworth. That should put us pretty close.

« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2020, 07:16:31 PM »
Well, we met for the first time last night.  Had some great discussions about past and current projects.  Most brought guns and one really struck my fancy.  It was made using curly (Chestnut)wood!
Had some snacks and a few beer and I think everyone learned something new. 
We will meet the first Thursday of each month and starting at 5:30pm  So our next meeting will be 2 April, 2020 5:30 pm

Some of your may know some of these people:
Left to right
BJ Habermehl,  (myself) Michael Kuriga, Bill Hoover, Sean Rowland, Wallace Hart, Tony Zielinski, and Greg Day
Cheers, Michael Kuriga

« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2020, 07:20:59 PM »
For some reason, I can't seem to download the picture of the group.  I'll try a little later.
Cheers, Michael Kuriga

« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2020, 07:28:52 PM »
Cheers, Michael Kuriga

« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2020, 08:23:34 PM »

Cheers, Michael Kuriga

Offline Greg S Day

« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2020, 09:10:30 PM »
Thanks to Michael for a great little get together.

Great meeting like-minded people and talking long rifles.

Greg
He Conquers Who Endures

Offline BJH

« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2020, 10:59:21 PM »
A pleasant evening with a bunch of fellow craftsmen. With a common interest in building Longrifles. I’m looking forward to the next meeting. It should prove beneficial to all, bouncing ideas, and techniques off of each other. A person can’t help but pick up a idea or new approach from a person with a different perspective. Laughter and good company never hurt anybody either. BJH
BJH

Mike1861

« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2020, 04:10:58 AM »
Are there any builders from North Texas in here?  I’m in Arlington and the itch to build is getting pretty strong.  Haven’t done one before but always ready to help and or learn.

Mike

Offline flint45

« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2020, 06:31:16 AM »
Daviid G what part of the state of Ga are you in? I am in the northern part about 60 miles north of Atlanta. I know another builder that might possible be interested in something like this.

Doug B    God Bless
I'm in North Georgia (Gainesville). Doug, Greg Estes told me about this. I think it's a great idea. Let's see if we can get a group together...Mike

Offline dstock

« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2020, 07:14:30 PM »
Flint 45 thanks for your reply. Looks like we have about 7 or 8 people interested in meeting at my house and we will make this happen. But I think we should wait to see what happens with this covid19 situation. I had plans to attend a hammer in in Talking Rock today but probably won’t go because of this planted virus. Send me a pm with your phone number and I will call you later.

Doug B.    God Bless
God Bless
Doug B

Offline Big Bertha

• Starting Member
« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2020, 05:36:29 PM »
I saw your post about the Montana Historical Gunmakers Guild. I'm between Missoula and Hamilton. Do you know of any builders in my area?