Author Topic: Tom Faux's single set trigger?  (Read 3198 times)

Naphtali

Tom Faux's single set trigger?
« on: July 29, 2009, 07:41:19 PM »
In an old Buckskin Report I have a photograph of an elegantly simple single set trigger found in a Hawken rifle. Someone, I can't remember who, mentioned that Tom Faux manufactures a replica of the trigger.

Can anyone furnish additional information on Mr. Faux, on his trigger? Is my identification of the trigger adequate?

Offline longcruise

• Arvada, Colorado
Re: Tom Faux's single set trigger?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2009, 11:12:06 PM »
Tom is in Brighton CO.  Don't know if he still  makes the trigger.  He does do some mold making, etc.  I'll PM you his phone number.  Not sure how he feels about posting his info on the net. ???

Tom attends most of the Tanner gun shows in denver.  Next show is this week end, the first and second.
Mike Lee

Offline Roger B

• You wouldn't have a snack, would you?
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2009, 07:42:51 PM »
The Faux single set trigger is available through The Hawken Shop out in WA.  Before Tom made them, they were made by the old Lopez Long Rifle Company. I had one many years ago & it worked fine.
Roger B.
Never underestimate the sheer destructive power of a minimally skilled, but highly motivated man with tools.

Naphtali

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2009, 07:56:42 PM »
The Faux single set trigger is available through The Hawken Shop out in WA.  Before Tom made them, they were made by the old Lopez Long Rifle Company. I had one many years ago & it worked fine.
Roger B.
Roger:

Greg and Claudette owe me a great deal of money -- for more than ten years. They have rendered non-payment for services into an art form. The possibility of me buying from them approaches zero. Is there any other source?

Naphtali

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2009, 10:43:30 PM »
I furnished misinformation about the trigger. I saw the single set trigger in Muzzle Blasts, April 1981. It does not appear to be Mr. Faux's trigger, does it?

Here are thumbnails of it.