Author Topic: Enfield repairs  (Read 2369 times)

Steamingspud

Enfield repairs
« on: September 01, 2009, 04:58:06 AM »
OK, so my friends got a rifle from his brother, a 1850-somethin Enfield percussion rifle used for civil war reenactments. He has a few problems. He's missing the nipple from the lock, the screw on the tang into the stock is completely missing, the bolt for the sling on the trigger guard is missing, and the trigger is really loose. The lock still works, but the trigger rattles all over the place.
It's not a bad rifle at all. Looks decent, but needs the parts. SO, I know I can find all the parts on track of the wolf, but my question is how I find out what size tang screw to get as well as what nipple and what sling swivel bolt. Any references?
Thanks guys. I don't normally handle percussion rifles, which is sad on my part. I guess it's flintlock all the way!

Offline stuart cee dub

Re: Enfield repairs
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2009, 05:58:52 AM »
Perhaps try calling  Lodgewood Mfg in Wisconsin or S+S Firearms in NY State  .I have had good luck with both firms
It would be important for them to know the particular importer /brand of the gun in question.
Regards Stuart

Offline Artificer

Re: Enfield repairs
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2009, 10:37:09 AM »
I'm "assuming" it is a repro rifle, no?

There were/are only two manufacturers of the Italian made repro Enfields.  They are Armi San Marco and Armi San Paulo.  However, MOST parts from each factory will NOT fit the other's rifles. 

BOTH Navy Arms and Euro Arms repro Enfields will use the same parts as they were both made by Armi San Paolo.  You can get parts from EuroArms of America by using their email here:

http://www.euroarms.net/euroarms_netenfield_file/euroarms_netEnfield.htm

The Armi Sport rifles were made by Armi San Marco.   You can get parts from Taylor's and Company here:

http://www.taylorsfirearms.com/about/

If yours is a REAL Parker Hale Enfield, then they went out of business in the mid to late 80's.  However, they were made off the original Enfield Pattern gages from the Tower of London, so you can use original Enfield Parts.

As to the trigger being "loose,"  are you talking about there being free movement in the trigger pull before there is spring tension felt?