Author Topic: Birddog's Tennessee on the Blog  (Read 3915 times)

Offline Bill of the 45th

• Gaylord, Michigan
Birddog's Tennessee on the Blog
« on: August 24, 2009, 04:00:47 PM »
A new Tennessee on the Blog is beyond words fantastic.  Beautiful work Keith.  Guess you didn't have a problem welding up that tang.  How bout some spec's on it.

Bill
Bill Knapp
Over the Hill, What Hill, and when did I go over it?

Offline Ken G

• F & AM #758
Re: Birddog's Tennessee on the Blog
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2009, 12:53:35 AM »
The pictures don't do it justice.  She's a beauty and has a great feel.  Great job Keith.  Glad to see you put away those Anthus (sp) leaf Jaeger buttplates and get spend the time on long tangs!  Ha, ha ha

http://contemporarymakers.blogspot.com/

P.S.  I know I sound like a cheerleader sometimes but thanks to Art and Jan for keeping the blog going.  I start the morning off checking to see what new works have been posted. 

Ken
Failure only comes when you stop trying.

Birddog6

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2009, 05:23:00 AM »
Thanks guys.....    :)  The specs are on the blog as far as parts used.  That tang was the easy one, the one I am working on now is the one that gave me fits & still have not figured out why, A couple more coats of finish & I will have it done as well.

Keith

Offline Larry Pletcher

• Black Powder Mag
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2009, 05:36:28 AM »
I marvel at the finish on that gun.  I had a chance to handle it a couple of times.  I'd be proud to own one like it.
Regards,
Pletch
Regards,
Pletch
blackpowdermag@gmail.com

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain what can never be taken away.

Kayla Mueller - I didn't come here of my own accord, and I can't leave that way.  Whoever brought me here, will have to take me home.

Offline Sequatchie Rifle

• Global Moderator
  • F. & A.M. Helion #1; 3rd SFG(ABN)
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2009, 05:37:49 AM »
Keith- an absolutely beautiful rifle!  That tang is amazing.  Nice piece of wood too!!!
"We fight not for glory, nor riches nor honors, but for freedom alone, which no good man gives up except with his life.” Declaration of Arbroath, 1320

rdillon

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2009, 09:23:47 PM »
I got to hold this Rifle at the CLA and all I can say is...............how u do that Tang!!!!!!!!!!!!  Very Nice!!!!! ;D

Ole Doc

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2009, 04:17:40 AM »
she's juss plain purty !