Author Topic: M & G Flintlocks  (Read 4666 times)

Leatherbelly

M & G Flintlocks
« on: September 19, 2009, 07:47:38 PM »
Hi Gents,
   I was just checking out the Davis site and came across a lock or lock builder called M & G. Can anyone tell me who this is and the quality of their locks/products? Never heard of them other then the odd mention on this forum. Thanks in advance.   (web site?)

erdillonjr

Re: M & G Flintlocks
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2009, 08:15:44 PM »
M&G is a new product line carryed by REDavis. They are excelent  locks and are very reliable. They are great sparkers and fast. I believe they come in 2 or three different sizes. One is smaller than a large siler but larger then a small siler. This is the one I have in my new Beck. No problems with it at all and it easy on flints. Ed

Offline T*O*F

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2009, 08:15:58 PM »
You must have missed the recent discussion about them.  M&G stands for Mold and Gun Shop.  Google em.
Dave Kanger

If religion is opium for the masses, the internet is a crack, pixel-huffing orgy that deafens the brain, numbs the senses and scrambles our peer list to include every anonymous loser, twisted deviant, and freak as well as people we normally wouldn't give the time of day.
-S.M. Tomlinson

Offline Don Getz

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2009, 12:00:28 AM »
The Mould & Gun shop is Larry Zorne, he has been assembling and designing locks for Davis for years............Don

Offline Simon

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2009, 12:42:39 AM »
I don't know if its true or not, but I read somewhere that Larry Zoene designed and made the molds for Davis's square tailed late English lock.
Mel Kidd

Leatherbelly

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2009, 02:15:47 AM »
  Thanks guys,
    Does Larry have a web site?

Offline Tommy Bruce

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2009, 04:59:01 PM »
No website, but here is his contact info:
Mold and Gun Shop
6493 St. Rte. 139T
Jackson Oh 45640

Ph. 740-286-2743
A man can never have too much red wine, too many books or too much ammunition”
R. Kipling

Birddog6

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2009, 05:12:33 PM »

Potsy

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2009, 05:19:35 PM »
Don't want to start any heated debates; but when I bought my kit from Tip Curtis, he pretty well let it be known he prefers them to all others where that type of lock is applicable.  
Yes, he told me why, but I'm not knowledgable enough to make any counterpoints to any arguments, and I don't want to be the new guy seeming like he's running his mouth about the standbys and knocking peoples product.
Tip not only sells LOTS of kits, he builds LOTS of rifles, and he has LOTS of match plaques and trophies.  That was good enough for me.

Leatherbelly

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2009, 04:12:00 PM »
Thanks guys! ditto Keith,good dicussion, missed it first time around.