Author Topic: Thanks, Kentucky Jeff  (Read 2519 times)

Offline Bill of the 45th

• Gaylord, Michigan
Thanks, Kentucky Jeff
« on: October 02, 2009, 04:53:41 AM »
Jeff, thanks for the deal on the stainless .54 Lyman that you sent to my Granddaughter in Iowa.  Last Saturday she took a big Doe in the Iowa youth season, it dressed out at 195 lbs.  Pic's to follow soon.  She also got a 6 point this morning before school for the archery opener, and will head to Missouri for their youth season on Saturday, for more M/L.  Jeff had the rifle for sale recently at a good price, so I got it for the Granddaughter for her birthday which is Thanksgiving, she'll be 13 then.  I wasn't aware of the early youth seasons, so it worked out well. She's tickled because she used one of those in thingy's last year, and while she got a small 6 point, she felt it wasn't a real muzzleloader.  Gotta just love getting kids into real muzzleloading.

Bill
Bill Knapp
Over the Hill, What Hill, and when did I go over it?

Offline Don Getz

Re: Thanks, Kentucky Jeff
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2009, 03:25:45 PM »
Bill.....I'd be proud as heck if that were my grandaughter.   I am also envious, here in Pa. it would be nice just to see a
nice buck, or any number of deer, period...........................Don

Offline Dr. Tim-Boone

• Global Moderator
  • I Like this hat!!
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2009, 11:14:11 PM »
Don, they all moved down here to GA!!  You should come down this fall..season opens mid month and runs till the end of the year..10 does, 2 bucks...
De Oppresso Liber
Marietta, GA

Liberty is the only thing you cannot have unless you are willing to give it to others. – William Allen White

Learning is not compulsory...........neither is survival! - W. Edwards Deming

Offline Mike T

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2009, 03:25:07 PM »
Don,
        Blackpowder season starts this coming Saturday.  Bring John and we'll all go to the woods.  Mike
Mike T