Author Topic: Jerry devaudreuil 1930-2021  (Read 1447 times)

Offline Bob Roller

Jerry devaudreuil 1930-2021
« on: December 30, 2021, 03:35:38 AM »
Jerry Devaudreuil who furnished a wide variety of parts and pieces to gun makers and
others passed away on 27 December 2021.Most of the locks I made in years past had
parts he furnished.
Bob Roller

Offline Daryl

Re: Jerry devaudreuil 1930-2021
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2021, 04:20:08 AM »
I'm sorry to hear of your friend's passing, Bob.
May he rest in peace with the Lord.
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a spaniel without ears" King George V

Offline smokinbuck

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2021, 05:12:45 AM »
New Jerry from Friendship and dealt with him a number of times. Great gentleman, he will be missed by many.
Mark

Offline Mike Brooks

• Mike Brooks Gunmaker
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2021, 05:37:24 PM »
what did he make, heard the name but never knew him.
NEW WEBSITE! www.mikebrooksflintlocks.com
Say, any of you boys smithies? Or, if not smithies per se, were you otherwise trained in the metallurgic arts before straitened circumstances forced you into a life of aimless wanderin'?

Offline David Rase

• If we need it here, make it here. Charlie Daniels
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2021, 05:49:35 PM »
So sorry to hear of Jerry's passing.  I talked with him several times on the phone over the years and bought numerous castings from him.  His castings, like Jerry himself, was always top notch.
David

Offline Bob Roller

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2021, 06:14:04 PM »
what did he make, heard the name but never knew him.
Mike,Jerry sold the usual line of muzzle loading items but also owned a lot of moulds for making
locks.I bought a lot of plates,cocks,top jaws and frizzens from him and also plates and hammers
for rhe Hawken caplocks.These were made by using original locks such as the Carson rifle's lock
and one J&S Hawken  lock and marked with the name.Trigger guards and butt plates as well he
shot single shot rifles as well and had at least one of Harry Pope's.
Right now I have an involvement with trying to save any moulds used for muzzle loaders as well
as some of the others.I hope these one of a kind items can be saved.
Bob Roller

Offline Tim Crosby

• Administrator
  • AKA TimBuckII
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2021, 07:29:21 PM »
 What David said. May not be the place for this; Bob are you saying you are going to save Jerry's molds? I tried to buy a couple awhile back, he said he was going to have another run done and then we could talk about it but he never got back to me.

Tim

Offline Bob Roller

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2021, 03:44:32 AM »
What David said. May not be the place for this; Bob are you saying you are going to save Jerry's molds? I tried to buy a couple awhile back, he said he was going to have another run done and then we could talk about it but he never got back to me.

Tim
Tim,
I am involved to what extent I can be and others are too.The Molds for the complete Chet Shouts Ketland lock and the Russ Hamm Maslin lock plus a Ketland that apparently became unique to my shop.I am interested in buying a few extra frizzens for this and the Shoults lock.It can be marketed as a kit.It was the first lock to be made from all cast parts.I have no plans to start lock making again but want a few spare frizzens. I  am now having spasms in my lower back that got me out of the shop in 3 hours today,I started a few trigger bars for the Hawken and had to quit.
Jerry was into an adult dementia and several including myself noticed a long time ago that he was having trouble trying to support a conversation and I saw the same symptoms in my own mother.A horror story and no way to stop the decline.

Bob Roller
« Last Edit: December 31, 2021, 04:34:53 AM by Bob Roller »

Offline heinz

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2021, 04:30:27 AM »
Jerry was a great guy.  I remember Jerry and Clark Frazier shooting on the bench line at Friendship..  They had a running contest in the evenings at Friendship over whether Jerry or Clark could make the best wine.  I cannot remember how any of those turned out :-)

Condolences to his family,  he will be missed.
kind regards, heinz