Author Topic: Blissett combination flint/percussion  (Read 1248 times)

Offline JHeath

Blissett combination flint/percussion
« on: January 26, 2022, 09:25:03 AM »

Offline Bob Roller

Re: Blissett combination flint/percussion
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2022, 11:11:15 PM »
JUST when we think we have seen it ALL.A very clever set up for those who couldn't make up their mind as to what kind of rifle they wanted.
Flintlock in dry weather and a caplock if it rained..Great workmanship either way.
Bob Roller

Offline JHeath

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2022, 02:36:14 AM »
JUST when we think we have seen it ALL.A very clever set up for those who couldn't make up their mind as to what kind of rifle they wanted.
Flintlock in dry weather and a caplock if it rained..Great workmanship either way.
Bob Roller

Bob, I need you to come out of retirement to make me right and left locks matching this below. It's for a double rifle and I also want right and left double set triggers for it. Get right on that, will you.

pico de pyrenees peak crossword

Offline Daryl

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2022, 02:38:37 AM »
WOW!
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a spaniel without ears" King George V

Offline JHeath

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2022, 02:43:59 AM »
Daryl, a gun without cocks, frizzens, pans, hammers, and nipples is like an octopus without maracas.

Offline Daryl

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2022, 08:59:20 PM »
Would take some careful design and measuring during manufacture, to prevent nipple damage when using the flintlocks. The flint's cocks would have to stop
before the hammer noses contacted the nipples, but that travel was far enough to detonate the cap. Picky indeed.
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a spaniel without ears" King George V

Offline JHeath

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2022, 10:43:30 PM »
Would take some careful design and measuring during manufacture, to prevent nipple damage when using the flintlocks. The flint's cocks would have to stop
before the hammer noses contacted the nipples, but that travel was far enough to detonate the cap. Picky indeed.

They could have installed dummy nipples. Otherwise I think the blowback through uncapped nipples might drive the hammers back to cocking position.