Author Topic: Left Hand Kits  (Read 820 times)

Offline Steve G

• Starting Member
Left Hand Kits
« on: May 31, 2022, 05:46:09 PM »
I've noticed Track Of The Wolf stopped carrying all their left hand kits.

Is lack of demand or parts the issue?

Offline Yazel.xring

• Ethan Yazel ILoveMuzzleloading.com
    • I Love Muzzleloading
Re: Left Hand Kits
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2022, 08:55:08 PM »
From what I've heard about Track recently, they are having trouble getting parts in - demand has been good.
Hi, I’m Ethan and I Love Muzzleloading

ILoveMuzzleloading.com, independently reporting on muzzleloading and the people who have kept it going for generations.

Online Bob Gerard

• Powder Horns and Such
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2022, 03:18:01 AM »
Parts scarcity seems to be s growing problem. One supplier has no small Siler locks for his kits now!

Offline deepcreekdale

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2022, 03:42:20 AM »
So don't build from a kit. If you have already built a kit, you are ready to try one from a blank. Left had locks are not that hard to find. I learned many years ago, buy all the parts you can when you have a few extra bucks or you can get them cheap. I have about 30-35 locks, boxes of buttplates and triggerguards with barrels and stock blanks. I just had somebody come by the shop this evening with a box of old back action locks, all in pretty good shape he had bought at a flea market for $15.00, sold them to me for the same amount. I bet there are 50 locks in there. if only one of them is any good I came out ahead. If not, I have a ton of screws, springs etc for other uses. You can make all the other parts like ramrod thimbles, side plates etc from sheet stock. That way it will be YOUR gun and not just a bunch of parts you stuck together the way someone else thought it should go.
”Far and away the best prize that life has to offer is the chance to work hard at work worth doing.” Theodore Roosevelt

Online Bob Gerard

• Powder Horns and Such
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2022, 06:22:56 AM »
Some people do not have the equipment, space or tools to build from a plank.
Just sayin'  ;)