Author Topic: Anyone interested in this vise?  (Read 1206 times)

Offline flehto

Anyone interested in this vise?
« on: October 12, 2022, 05:10:01 PM »
The vise shown is a toolmakers vise that I made during my tool and diemaker apprenticeship and  was used extensively from the day it was completed. Because of very poor eyesight. am unable to use it to build LRs. Seeing this vise was used to build very accurate and complicated dies......its superb  accuracy was req'd for this work.  The vise has been carburized and hardened. I also used it to hold small parts and then clamped the vise in a larger vise.

The  bottom  pic shows how I used it to drill the bbl lug and RR pipe holes in a drill press.....the top flat of the bbl was clamped against the permanent jaw of the vise and a suitable parallel was used to hold the assy horizontal  on the muzzle end.  Using this setup, the 4 bbl lug holes took approx 15-20 mins and the 3 RR  pipe holes slightly less.

If anyone is interested,   contact me by email.....this is not an offer to sell....just an inquiry if anyone is interested......Fred

« Last Edit: October 12, 2022, 05:26:34 PM by flehto »

Offline dstock

Re: Anyone interested in this vise?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2022, 09:07:46 PM »
I would be interested in that vise. I Have used those type vises on surface grinder work and would be nice to have in my shop.
God Bless
Doug B

Offline flehto

Re: Anyone interested in this vise?
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2022, 08:24:08 AM »
Thanks for the inquiry. Contact me at fklehto @charter.net........Fred