Author Topic: kibler percussion lock  (Read 3689 times)

Offline oldtravler61

• We all make mistakes.
Re: kibler percussion lock
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2022, 03:25:44 AM »
  Daniel that's my opinion also... Besides never can have to many ...

Offline Leatherbark

« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2022, 03:51:21 PM »
Most percussion shooters are not aficionados of their weapon like flint shooters are.  I shoot both. If my percussion rifles or flint rifles fail to fire, then it is my fault and not the weapon. That is unless I get another bad batch of CCI caps. Then it is still my fault for not making sure the percussion compound didn't fall out LOL.

Us flint shooters always make sure our flints are sharp, our powder is dry, our frizzen is good, and our touchhole is clear.  Nothing can go wrong, and it will fire. If all of us flint shooters had a percussion match today and the prize was a date with Kim Kardashian (providing our wives would let us) I'll guarantee all those percussion rifles would fire because we would do our homework.

A seasoned flint shooter is passionate about making sure his rifle will fire in front of other shooters, so he is not embarrassed. The average percussion shooter thinks his rifle will fire and when it doesn't it is his fault, but he won't admit it.

A seasoned percussion shooter's weapon will fire every time if he puts the effort into making sure it will like the seasoned flint shooter.

Offline rich pierce

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2022, 05:53:37 AM »
I guess I’m going to have to discuss this with the other moderators and figure out what posts to delete, whether to split the topic, and who to admonish.

Do none of you bother to think that you may be insulting members and guests by bashing percussion guns and shooters?
Andover, Vermont

Offline Dennis Glazener

• Administrator
    • GillespieRifles
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2022, 02:23:05 PM »
I just locked this thread and also removed several posts. I would think  adult men would be able to discuss things in a civil manner.
Dennis
« Last Edit: November 27, 2022, 02:26:44 PM by Dennis Glazener »
"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend" - Thomas Jefferson