Author Topic: Demonstrations at the AL-KY Show  (Read 1170 times)

Offline bama

• Calvary Longrifles
Demonstrations at the AL-KY Show
« on: December 19, 2022, 07:25:33 PM »
Good morning craftsmen. A suggestion has been made to me for the show to have live demonstrations during show hours. After thinking about this for a little while I thought I would offer it to those that are coming to the show the opportunity to do so  if you would like to. So depending on the interest and since there is a nice location in the downstairs room to set up I am going to give this a try. Anyone that wants to give a 30 minute to an hour talk or craft demonstration please contact me so I can make a schedule of demonstrations. 

Michael Briggs is bringing many of his fine Carolina rifle and is going to do a talk on the Carolina gun makes and Mel Hankla is coming with a great a great display and I hope to get him to give a talk about the Cumberland school. I know we are going to have several great Horn makers attending, Knife makers, Hunting Pouches, Rifle and Pistol builders and Ladies let me offer this up to you also. If you have a hand craft that is related to the Colonial Period and want to do a demonstration please contact me. Looking forward to a great show.

Jim
Jim Parker

"An Honest Man is worth his weight in Gold"

Offline Dennis Glazener

• Administrator
    • GillespieRifles
Re: Demonstrations at the AL-KY Show
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2022, 07:58:39 PM »
Oh man I hate to miss this show this year! Sounds like it will be a greater show than last year and last years was a really good show.
Dennis
"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend" - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Carl Young

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2022, 10:12:44 PM »
Jim's show does get better every year! IMO the best part of the show is the people who attend!

Jim, I don't consider myself to be an expert, but if you need to fill some time (highly unlikely ::)) I can talk about old methods of barrel making, reaming and rifling and bring my rifling machine to show. Phil Orem (Who the NMLRA benchrest range is named after and Dave Decker taught me how to make barrels about 50 years ago.

My reservation is made and plans are underway to meet some of the finest people you will ever have the chance to meet.

Blessed Christmas and good hunting in the New Year.
Carl
Already long ago, from when we sold our vote to no man, the People have abdicated our duties; for the People who once upon a time handed out military command, high civil office, legions — everything, now restrains itself and anxiously hopes for just two things: bread and circuses. -Juvenal

Offline bama

• Calvary Longrifles
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2022, 10:37:56 PM »
Carl that would be a great demonstration. I will put you down on the list
Jim Parker

Offline Stoner creek

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2022, 12:44:58 AM »
This is promising to be a truly great show!
Tim Cosby and I plan on reviving our display from the CLA show titled “The Earlys” which will showcase 10 high end contemporary rifles made to represent pieces made prior to the American revolution.
 Since there was no Fall Frolic this year I’m sure that there are a bunch of folks that are ready to bust out of the cabin and go to a Longrifle show! See y’all in about 3 weeks!!
W
Stop Marxism in America

Offline bama

• Calvary Longrifles
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2022, 01:43:52 AM »
I am looking forward to seeing that great display again and seeing everyone. It's just around the corner.
Jim Parker

Offline Cades Cove Fiddler

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2022, 04:37:13 AM »
 ;D ;D... being the first show of the season, I consider this particular show to be a "Family Reunion",... !!! ... so many cousins that we haven't all been together since the Knoxville or Lexington show,... new cousins who have never attended always welcome,... some folks who don't even know they are cousins will be here,.. !!!! always interesting guns, peoples and exhibitionings ... regards,.. Cades Cove Fiddler. .......

Offline Nazgul

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2022, 01:55:19 PM »
You guys talked me into it. Reservations made. My first time to be there.

Don

Offline bama

• Calvary Longrifles
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2022, 07:16:55 PM »
I also need to mention that Henry Bishop & Kenneth Orr are bringing a Bucks County rifle display sponsored by the Kentucky Rifle Foundation. In addition to this display they will have all of the great CD's of the finest Kentucky Rifles and Pistols made. They will also have KRF Shirts and Hats for sale, all these proceeds go towards the cost of presenting all of the wonderful displays that the KRF presents throughout the year. I believe that the new Moravian Books will available also. So all of you that missed out on the hard back books you will be able to pick up a soft cover version. These books are very well done and the quality is exceptional. the photographs are great. Stop by and get yours at the show from Kenneth or Henry 
« Last Edit: December 21, 2022, 06:01:15 PM by bama »
Jim Parker

Offline Rajin cajun

• Ragin Cajun
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2022, 04:27:26 AM »
Really good guns come thru the door at this show..! If you have never made it, you should!!!
Bob
It’s not the size of the dog in the fight, it’s the size of the fight in the dog !