Author Topic: triggers  (Read 3544 times)

long carabine

triggers
« on: August 13, 2008, 02:53:21 AM »
 I have a question...on my Virginia rifle...I have a single trigger and i would like to go to a double set trigger group. is this possible without a lot of hassle. There is room in the trigger guard and plenty of wood by the trigger plate. I just don't like the look or the feel of the single trigger. Thanks, tim

Offline D. Taylor Sapergia

• Member 3
Re: triggers
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2008, 03:27:08 AM »
I don't see any problems, Tim.  I built Chamber's Virginia rifle and didn't like the trigger pull, so I bought oone of MBS's single set triggers, and inlet that.  Some more wood had to come out, naturally, but it worked out perfectly, and I really like the trigger/lock relationship now.
D. Taylor Sapergia
www.sapergia.blogspot.com

Art is not an object.  It is the excitement inspired by the object.

George F.

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2008, 04:05:23 AM »
I have changed triggers before and swapped out trigger guards with some extra inletting and shaping of the trigger guard extensions, providing that the extensions aren't too wide on the original guard.   ...Geo.

ironwolf

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2008, 12:01:09 PM »
  That would probably be a period retrofit  as well.

Offline Long John

• Give me Liberty or give me Death
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2008, 04:13:48 PM »
I did it on a rifle kit that I assembled for my nephew.  I had to find a longer trigger guard and flare out the forward extension a little to fill the pre-existing inlet.  It was an interesting modification but was quite doable.

Best Regards,

John Cholin

long carabine

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2008, 03:54:01 AM »
 Is this a hard task to do or a simple one? Is there a lot of inletting to be done? Tim