Author Topic: Paired Rifles  (Read 1151 times)

Offline Ron Scott

Paired Rifles
« on: February 19, 2023, 06:48:14 PM »
Here is an interesting dilemma. Use them in house or sell them. I have had these Armenian Walnut stocks in my inventory fo about five years and am now starting to give some thought to use. They are 48 inches long, so suggest use for Jaeger Rifles. Have fun speculating

Offline D. Taylor Sapergia

• Member 3
Re: Paired Rifles
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2023, 08:45:42 PM »
They look to be sister blanks, ie:  cut side by side from the same stump.  Really lovely grain flow, colour and figure Ron.
D. Taylor Sapergia
www.sapergia.blogspot.com

Art is not an object.  It is the excitement inspired by the object.

Offline Dennis Daigger

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2023, 12:21:19 AM »
Really nice blanks, Ron. Wrist sections perfect for maximum strength and great mineral lines. They would be right at home on an English sporting rifle as well as a Jaeger.
Dennis

Offline Carl Young

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2023, 07:28:42 AM »
Ron, with your skills I would say you should use them. I was looking at Erhard's new book last night and thought it would be very cool to have a Jaeger rifle and matching smooth bore. You are just the man who could pull it off!
Best regards,
Carl

Already long ago, from when we sold our vote to no man, the People have abdicated our duties; for the People who once upon a time handed out military command, high civil office, legions — everything, now restrains itself and anxiously hopes for just two things: bread and circuses. -Juvenal

Offline Daryl

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2023, 07:30:46 AM »
Nice rifle, Carl. Are you about to order just such a pair?
Beautiful. Flashy indeed.
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a spaniel without ears" King George V

Offline Carl Young

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2023, 07:47:09 AM »
Oh yeah...if Ron would take an IOU ;D

the photo is of a"glatter Lauf" which I think is German for smooth bore, or maybe fried potatoes with malt vinegar ::)

Best,
Carl
Already long ago, from when we sold our vote to no man, the People have abdicated our duties; for the People who once upon a time handed out military command, high civil office, legions — everything, now restrains itself and anxiously hopes for just two things: bread and circuses. -Juvenal

Offline Hank01

• Let's build a classic 18th century English style double barrel sporting gun!
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2023, 02:43:56 PM »
Beautiful blanks! Ron, if you decide not to use 'em you might be able to talk me into taking 'em off your hands.

Hank
Yes, I did write a book. It's called The Classic English Double Barrel Click the little globe between my profile and e-mail link to check it out.