Author Topic: The feather gun  (Read 3539 times)

billd

The feather gun
« on: November 19, 2009, 03:00:16 AM »
I know this has been discussed here before. I did a search and very little came up. All I'm looking for are pictures.  I've never seen the gun and a recent conversation piqued my interest. Anybody have any pics they could post or send me?

Thanks,
Bill

Offline rich pierce

• Administrator
Re: The feather gun
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2009, 04:03:20 AM »
If I am not mistaken the feather gun is highly similar to the one Tallbear recently made and showed here  http://americanlongrifles.org/forum/index.php?topic=7346.0

Andover, Vermont

Offline Dennis Glazener

• Administrator
    • GillespieRifles
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2009, 05:49:03 PM »
Bill,
I sent you photo's that I do not have permission to post. Fred Miller has the pattern and Ed Rayl has the pattern for the barrel. Early Ketland lock can be made to look like original lock but is a little longer than original. Kind of unusual rifle with a funky cheek rest.
Dennis
"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend" - Thomas Jefferson

wbgv

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2009, 05:56:13 PM »
WOW..I was just going thru a bunch of old 'Muzzleloader'mags. last night..Peter Alexander had an article in the May/June[2003] issue on Va.longrifles and most of the article is on the 'Feather gun'..some pics and measurements of what is left..very interesting to say the least !

Offline Richard Snyder

• Starting Member
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2009, 01:41:34 AM »
Reaves Goering (I never can spell his name correctly) has the trigger guard and buttplate castings also.  If you cannot find enough photos, email me, I have some also.  This is a really neat rifle.