Author Topic: CLA Show in Lexington !!  (Read 19026 times)

Offline Darrin McDonal

Re: CLA Show in Lexington !!
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2008, 06:09:12 PM »
I too will be there. I will leave here Thurs at, oh say 5-5:30 and get to Lexington at midnight hopefully so set up Friday morning. I will have a table for the first time here so I hope I can break away for the ALR meet & greet in the cafe.
 Please stop by my table and say "Hey".    I need to put faces with names.  ;D
Darrin
Apprentice Gunsmith
Colonial Williamsburg
Owner of Frontier Flintlocks

don getz

« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2008, 04:26:25 PM »
Here it is monday morning, only three days to go.  We have a whole van full of people and guns coming down that way,
should get there about 3 or 4  thursday afternoon.   And, for all of you dis-believers, I am bringing a barn gun, in the white, for you to look at, along with some other pretty nice guns.   Stop by our table and check things out.....can't wait.
Don

Offline Dr. Tim-Boone

• Global Moderator
  • I Like this hat!!
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2008, 04:44:29 PM »
I gotta see that barn gun!!! :o :o ;D
De Oppresso Liber
Marietta, GA

Liberty is the only thing you cannot have unless you are willing to give it to others. – William Allen White

Learning is not compulsory...........neither is survival! - W. Edwards Deming

Offline Eric Fleisher

• E. Fleisher Shot Pouches
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2008, 05:52:44 AM »
It's almost bedtime.  I don't think I will be able sleep tonight.  I am making my first trip to the CLA show tomorrow. I am picking up Don Getz at 5:30 a.m. Then we are heading over the mountain to the barrel shop to meet John and few other guys. We hope to leave at 6 a.m.  We are picking up Art DeCamp and Mark Wheland along the way.  We should arrive around 3:30 p.m.  I look forward to meeting many of you from the board and taking in the show.  Mark Wheland told me the best way to describe it is "Sensory Overload".  I wish it was morning already!

Ephraim

« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2008, 01:05:12 PM »
I will be there on Saturday I will be waring bibs and a possum trot hat. looking forward to seeing all the antques and buying some parts.
Ephraim

Offline Ken G

• F & AM #758
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2008, 01:45:12 PM »
I'll be there Fri and Sat. and look forward to seeing and meeting everyone.
It looks like we will be sharing the convention center with the American Idol tour on Sat. 
Ken
Failure only comes when you stop trying.

Dave K

« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2008, 04:27:55 PM »
Does anyone know if they have a good food court? ;D

Offline Ken G

• F & AM #758
« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2008, 04:32:27 PM »
Hey Dave.  That's cold.  I'm still waiting on my fries from Friendship.  But yes, they have a food court.  Dang nice one too. 
Food Court
A & W All American Food
Arby's
Mo' Joe's Cafe
Mr. Kan's Chinese
Subway
Yesterdays' Bar and Grille

lew wetzel

« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2008, 09:41:19 PM »
well the time is really here.will be leaving work at 4am tommorrow and getting picked up at 5am and on our way.cant wait to see everyone and spend some money.this is my first time at a show and am very excited.....

Offline TPH

« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2008, 10:21:03 PM »
Here it is monday morning, only three days to go.  We have a whole van full of people and guns coming down that way,
should get there about 3 or 4  thursday afternoon.   And, for all of you dis-believers, I am bringing a barn gun, in the white, for you to look at, along with some other pretty nice guns.   Stop by our table and check things out.....can't wait.
Don

QUICK! Someone take a picture! I won't be there and I have wanted to see one of Don Getz's barn guns since ho mentioned making one a couple of years ago.
T.P. Hern

Offline Larry Pletcher

• Black Powder Mag
« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2008, 10:41:37 PM »
Steve Chapman and I leave friday am 5:00 am.  We hope to see you fellows at the food court at noon.   There are so many of you that I need to put faces with names.  This is my first CLA and I can't wait.  See you all soon!

Dennis -- My connection is finally working.  The right tech guy answered the phone this time.  The others passed the buck.  This fellow knew his stuff.
Regards,
Pletch
blackpowdermag@gmail.com

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain what can never be taken away.

Kayla Mueller - I didn't come here of my own accord, and I can't leave that way.  Whoever brought me here, will have to take me home.

Offline Ken G

• F & AM #758
« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2008, 11:17:57 PM »
Hey Larry.  Looking forward to meeting you face to face.  It's 1:00 in the food court. 
Ken

Geoff Jones

« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2008, 02:30:19 AM »
Anyone know the actual show times?  The CLA website only lists Fri and Sat as show days... not the actual show times...

Thanks, geoff

Offline Ken G

• F & AM #758
« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2008, 02:51:06 AM »
It's 8:00am - 8:00pm on Fri
      8:00am - 4:00pm on Sat.

Offline Ky-Flinter

• Global Moderator
  • Born in Kentucke, just 250 years late
« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2008, 03:16:57 AM »
Everybody's talking about their departure times, driving distance, etc.

Well, let's see....  Leave the house about 7:15am on Friday, stop at McD for coffee and be at the show when they open at 8am.  Sorry, I couldn't help it.  Sure is great to have the CLA and all my ALR friends come to my hometown!

Don't forget the gathering of the ALR members attending on Friday at 1:00pm in the Food Court, on the ground floor of the convention center, at the base of the escalators, same as last year.

Looking forward to seeing everyone!  -Ron
Ron Winfield

Life is too short to hunt with an ugly gun. -Nate McKenzie

highlander73

« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2008, 09:49:50 AM »

Headed up saturday AM bright n early...